Sunday, November 8, 2009

Can I get a HALLELUJAH??

I FINALLY feel almost GOOD!!!!! WOOHOO!!! I woke up this morning, almost feeling like a new woman. I had a horrible last couple of days, lots of feeling sorry for myself, lots of regret, lots of tears and some apologies to my hubs for being such a boring, blah wife who couldn't do anything or didn't want to do anything. Seriously, I was P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C!!! I honestly don't know who crawled into my body and took over and took me to negative town, but I'm glad to say that I think that my train just arrived back towards happyville..

I'm hoping this is not a fluke and will continue getting better each day this week. I have to go back to work tomorrow. Part of me is glad b/c if I had to stay in this house one more day with the loudest man ever as well as the two most irritating barking dogs, I might lose my mind, but part of me wishes I would have taken advantage of being off the last week and 1/2, you know, like done something fun instead of sitting in the house, in pain, and resting and working on and off.. I wish I would have felt better and gotten things done but oh well, such is my life..

Today, in celebration of feeling good, I went for a walk on the trail by our house with Michelle and KD, babysat KD for about 20 minutes, helped Timmy do some stuff around the house, ventured out to some furniture stores to look for a new comfy couch, and then hit the grocery store, where I proceeded to have the biggest hunger attack of my life.. 1/4 cup of mashed potato salad later, I was back in action!!

So, I had some heartburn issues the past couple of days which really tested me. I never had heartburn before the band and did a lot of research b/c I would have thought that the band would have cured it. This heartburn I've had was no freaking joke.. serious pain. I picked up some Priolosec OTC and I think it finally kicked in today. I'm planning a call to the dr tomorrow to make sure this is to be expected. I do feel like I wasn't as prepared with enough information from my dr before this surgery. I need to be a better advocate for myself and get in there and get all the information I can from here on out.

So, on to bigger and better things!! My friend Melissa is coming to visit this weekend and then next week, Michelle and I are headed to LA to see my friend Angela and a little known talk show host named Ellen.. .heard of her?

Thanks for all the supportive texts, calls and emails. I'm so grateful to have a fabulous group of friends and family!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, just found your blog. Looks great. I remember that feeling and it was awesome to one day wake up and feel almost normal again. I was banded Sept 28 so it sounds like I am a little farther along, but looking forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will feel better each day. Don't feel guilty for doing nothing - that is exactly what you were supposed to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with Gen. You're supposed to be doing nothing right now as annoying as that is. I hope the heartburn goes away. When I had surgery they actually repaired a hiatal hernia that I didn't know I had. I have suffered with horrible heartburn but didn't know why, haven't had any since surgery. I would definitely call your doc to check on that one.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete