Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Keep on Keeping On...

Gosh, for the love, I can't believe how pathetic I was less than a week ago. I wish I would have known that I'd be feeling great this week and it would have made it easier to manage! But instead, I was wallowing in my own self-pity. Oh well, we all have to have our frequent IPP's right??

Anyhoo... like I said, I'm feeling about 80% better today!! I woke up today with nearly no pain and haven't taken a swig of the pain killer juice in almost 2 days now!! WOOT!!

My only real indication that I had this surgery is of course my war ravaged belly - only two of the incisions are fully healed and the steri-strips have completely come off, and the crazy Psycho Hunger Pangs I get right around meal-time!! I was explaining them to Jen today.. I was like, "dude, I turn into a crazy beyotch if I'm hungry and I've never been that way!!" Seriously, we almost had an incident in the grocery store with Timmy the other day!! I feel it coming on and I'd better get something in me and FAST!!! So, be warned, if you are ever with me, when the urge happens, watch out, stay calm and point me to the nearest Smoothie King or Jamba Juice and all will be right with the world again!!

So back to work on Monday I went.. everyone seemed really happy to see me!! It's funny b/c I think people expected that I'd look different and quite frankly, with the exception of the 10 lbs I've lost since surgery, I pretty much look the same.. I'm not sure if that disappointed some or not!! I know this isn't a quick fix and I guess I have to school people of this little fact as well! I worked the entire day and was EXHAUSTED by 5:00!!! My body (and mind) were definitely not used to being so worked!!

As I mentioned in my last blog, my girlfriend Melissa is coming here this weekend. I've been wanting to go to this place in Sedona called Devil's Bridge for awhile now and I think we're going to head there on Saturday. It's part of the Coconino National Forest and it's about a 2 mile hike/walk and everyone I've talked to about says it's not too difficult so I won't be overexerting myself too much. I think it looks like it will be beautiful!! Don't you??

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,

    Just stopped by and caught up on your posts for the last little while - my heart went out to you for the post-surg pain, I'm so glad to read you're feeling near human again! Good luck and keep on healing, and lemme know if you have any questions!

    xox
    ange

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps just realized you were banded on my birthday - that makes me extra happy :)

    ReplyDelete