A week ago today I had the lap-band surgery. A week ago today, I thought for sure that I'd be feeling better a week later. Sad truth is, I feel better but not much. I think I expected that I'd be up and at em already and that things would be much easier. I could not have been more wrong!!
I'm officially on day 7 and have had a rough couple of days. On Tuesday (sorry if this is TMI) my monthly visitor that hadn't made an appearance in 2 months decided to appear and boy did it come back with a bang!! Not to be too graphic, but it's been HEAVY - we're talking crime scene heavy.. I think that the combination of the cramps, constipation, pain from the surgery lingering, my body had had it!! I am an exxagerator, but I swear, no exxageration here!!
I'm still on pain meds, which I hope is OK. I feel like I call the doctor's office every day with a new symptom!! Today's major issue is a heartburn-like feeling. Apparently, this is normal. Unpleasant, but normal. I've been eating OK.. I'm still not overly hungry but when I am, I sure know it!!
The newest disappoinment is that I got on the Wii yesterday b/c I think I'm going to use the scale on that b/c I can keep track better... the little guy happily told me that I've lost 30 lbs since the last time I was on it, which was right around when I started WW about 3 months ago. I've lost 7 since the surgery last week. The sad thing is that nothing fits any different b/c my freaking belly is still swollen.. ugh, I'm a mess.
I need to put a tracker on the side of my blog to track my WL.. and do my measurements. I think that will make me feel better about things. Right now, I'm just a little down b/c I feel like there is no end to this pain. I have no energy to do anything. I went with Michelle and KD to Sweet Tomatoes today to have some soup and then planned to go to Target afterwards, but I just felt like poop after so we didn't go. I'm not the type of person who enjoys laying around and that's all I seem to be doing.
Sorry for the downer blog. If you've called and I haven't called back, I will, it just gets old telling everyone how I'm still in pain, how I don't know if the pain is normal, blah blah blah.. I'm hoping to be back to my cheerful, happy self soon!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are a strong woman! Yes, I think measurements along with the scale will really help you mentally. This has to be killing you, because you are such an active person. Take the time to heal. It only has to get better...right?? Love you!
ReplyDeleteHang in there - it will get better and you'll forget about all of the pain you went through. We're all behind you. Next week will be better - love you
ReplyDeleteHi Jen - I saw that you are a follower on my blog and thought I'd come and check yours out. I read through your whole blog and you had me rolling! At one point my husband asked "What's so funny?"
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that you're still in a lot of pain, I know every person is different but I found that walking has helped a lot. My surgeon required I walk 40 minutes every day (broken into 10 or so minute increments), starting the evening of surgery and I think that has helped me a lot. Hang in there, I'm sure it will get better.
Anyway, I'm glad you found my blog so I could find yours, especially since our banding dates are so close. I look forward to sharing our transformations (isn't that what you are calling it?)!