Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Name is Jen, but you can call me Miss CrankyPants...

Ugh, I'm beat.. Work has been brutal for me this last week.. scratch that, the last two weeks.. I think by the end of this week alone, I'll have clocked close to 15+ hours of overtime.. that sucks.. it's good for the pocketbook, but bad for my mo-jo.. I've been a serious crank pot for the last couple of days.. here's why..

To top it off, we started Weight Watchers at Work this week.. what a bad week to start that!!! Lisa and I decided on Monday we were going to go out for our last big hoorah (aka eating fest) before starting WW on Tuesday.. we did, then we joined WW on Tuesday and found out everyone else was starting to count points on Wednesday (b/c WHY would you start at noon on Tuesday when you can have one more day of freedom and start on Wednesday??) so, in honor of that, we decided that we'd go out for beers and chicken wings.. yeah, I'm dedicated to the celebrating of one's last night out of eating anything they want and enjoying it without having to do math calculations in their head!!

Today on the WW wasn't that bad until around 3:00 when my stomach started growling and my head started hurting and I felt weak (not really, but it makes the story so much more exciting!) but I sucked it up, drank a boatload of water and didn't cave.. being a chubby girl, I have a LOT of points to go thru so this shouldn't be this hard but it's always seemed that the first couple of days on a diet, all you can think about is food and how quickly you can get it in your stomach to feel full. It is kind of fun to have alot of buddies at work doing this thing with us.. everyone was in some stage of hunger at every point during the day!! Some even said they already felt skinnier.. (I kept my opinions to myself.. I think they were just delusional from the lack of food.. ) So we trudge on for the next 10 weeks, giving each other high-fives in celebration of our weight loss and successes.. I have about 10 weeks until my surgery so I'm hoping that I can drop at least 10-15 before the big Pre-Op diet.. just gotta stick to the plan..

In other exciting news, I barely did my hair today and got more compliments than I ever did.. (like I mean, BARELY did it.. dryed it on the cool setting and let the curl stay and had my bangs straight down- no effort at all) I wonder how bad I normally look on a day when I do do my hair.. My boss actually stopped me in the hall to tell me that my hair looked good, which made me laugh out loud.. ( in all fairness to the big guy, he's always very astute when it comes to what we are wearing.. he's kind of a secret fashion critic.. ) So, we'll see, maybe I'll be bringing back the dry your hair and go look from now on.. You can just call me Bon Jovi (circa 1989)

1 comment:

  1. Well, this explains why I/we haven't heard from you or seen you around. Let me know when you're done being a crankasaur because KD and I misses you. Are we doing dinner and sleepover on Friday??

    ReplyDelete