Monday, March 4, 2013

Busy Bee, Bullets, and Band Get-togethers

Hi all, I've been horrible about keeping up with blogs lately.  I wish I could get into a regular blogging habit but it's not happening.
I've been crazy busy lately so I'm going to photobomb all of you and do it bullet-style.



  • Have had a couple of fun band buddy get togethers!! Met up with my AZ girls Elizabeth and Jenn for lunch a few weeks ago. Always nice to get together with them and just chit chat!
  • THEN, some of us AZ girls got to meet LapBandGal and AmyW when they were here for an Allergan panel. It was so fun to finally meet these superstars of the band and nice to see that they were exactly like they were in their blogs! (sometimes you meet people who aren't anywhere near the way they come across on their blogs!) We met up with them at their fancy resort and just hung out in the cigar room and chatted! Lots of laughs and really good support! 
                                         

                 
 We look a little demonish, but still cute! 

  • It snowed in AZ.. WTH?? Hell has indeed frozen over.                                                   
  • Spring Training has begun and we've been to 5 games already. Shoot me now. Let me tell you, taking a 19 month old to a Spring Training Baseball game is my new version of what hell might be like.. good thing he's cute though:          
  • I have a new doctor for my band!! I finally just sucked it up and paid the $500 to go see the surgeon that Jenn and Elizabeth go to. I actually saw a different one but I loved him.  I had an EGD done last Thursday to check everything out and it all looks good. He re-filled me to 6ccs once done (I was at 9cc) and I'll go back again in about 3 weeks. I'm super excited to finish what I started with this band! 
  • Work still blows.  There really aren't enough minutes in the day to do everything I need to do which is why I'm writing this on a Sunday night! This weekend I decided to NOT do anything work related and not even look at my emails. What a concept, Weekends are for spending time with family.. hmmm.
  • The only good thing about work lately is that the President gave me his tickets to the Suns game last week.. 3rd row, right behind the Suns bench. AND, we got access to the Blue Moon club - unlimited free drinks and food..  I took my girlfriends Jen and Erin. We were a bit like the Beverly Hillbillies acting all excited about the perks, but it was fun! 
                                    

  • I'm heading to Chicago this weekend for Shannon's shower. Not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind if I could just stay there! But I will come back, for now!! :) 
  • One of my girlfriends Jen (in Chicago) had a sweet little baby boy yesterday! Can't wait to meet him this weekend. There has been an influx of boys in my circle of friends lately.. where are all the girls?? 
  • Timmy and I had a little impromptu date night the other night. I'd be lying if I didn't say that one of the reasons I suggested the date is so that I could get a little shopping done before our trip to Chicago so I chose a shopping mall with a good bar that I knew he'd be ok with hanging out in while I shopped!  I found some really cute fun colored pants for spring and NOTHING to wear for the shower this weekend. 
                                    



Ok, gotta go to bed now!  hope you are all well! and still want to be my friend after the lack of blogging!

xo,js

5 comments:

  1. one arm photo skills = amazing! so talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy little bee!!!! OMG, I speed-read thru that whole thing like I was going Mach 1, and I felt like that's how you wrote it. When do you relax?! Don't wear yourself out Chica!!!

    BTW, we find out in two weeks if we're having a boy or girl....everyone says girl, so maybe the boy boom is over!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. you little shopper.....why no picks of what you bought......duhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt so special that I got to meet you guys! I miss you all already :) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You more than made up for your blogging absence with pictures! :) Glad all is well!

    ReplyDelete