I also realized that I hadn't posted since I went to Chicago a week ago for my bestie Shannon's shower.
As usual, it was FUN!! It was literally a quick 48 hour trip but we packed alot in in that time. Tim and Mac also came with and we met my parents at our hotel (which BTW, if you are going to Chicago, stay at the Omni on Michigan - great location, all suites, good price and excellent customer service!). We met up with Shannon, her moms, and fiance Kevin for dinner that night which was yum!
Let's just get this out there that Mr. Mac does not travel well. He has like zero patience (I mean, he is only 20 months old) so by the time we were getting on the plane, he was going ape shit bananas and every person on that flight was looking at me with those "please don't let that screaming kid be sitting next to me for 3 1/2 hours" eyes.. once we finally took off, he fell asleep for most of the flight. but damn, mama gets a little stressed out and then it all goes downhill!! We got to the restaurant and he wanted to run around like a maniac, but finally sat down and ate like a polite little gentleman!! This was his real first time experiencing the cold and he didn't seem to mind!!
The shower was a super success and Shannon had a good time and got lots of fun gifts. It was nice to see a mix of people there to celebrate her - some of Kevin's family, his and her friends and then her family and friends. She was grinning ear to ear for most of the day! It seriously makes me soo happy to see her so happy!
After the shower, my girls, moms and I went to an old neighborhood bar and just caught up some more. I know I say this all the time, but I love these girls. When I'm around them, I just have this feeling of being "home".. hard to explain.
Sunday morning, we headed over to my friend Laura's house so that Mac could meet her son, Logan, and we could meet my friend Margo's new baby.. so fun! Mac and Logan will be BFFs some day, they just don't realize it yet.. instead, they wrestled for toys and knocked each other around like boys do.
Then we boarded the plane for another fun filled ride home.. actually it wasn't so bad since Mac dozed off as soon as the wheels lifted off the ground and then woke up as soon as we landed. I wanted to scream "your welcome" to all the other passengers around us!!!
Now, we are back in the swing of things and I'm prepping for easter when we'll have our traditional 3 family get together with the H's and the G's! then, my brother and family come into town on Easter Sunday for a week and then the following weekend, all the girls come in for the bachelorette party (woot woot) Then, it's the wedding!! So, I'll be slowing down some time around mid-May!!

you should get a medal for travelling with a toddler..I was too chicken..never took Johnny anywhere till he was 4! Your making me tired with how busy you are!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics of your trip! I love Chicago!
ReplyDeleteThnk you for your kind words on my blog!
Mac is adorable and you exhaust me with your whirlwind life! I remember your friends from BOOBs, very nice ladies!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great time - lovely photos! x
ReplyDeleteWhat a great weekend! We are flying in a couple weeks (literally a week before my youngest turns 2) and I am FREAKING OUT about the kids on the plane. Especially since we are just letting him be a lap baby...any suggestions??
ReplyDeleteLove looking at the pictures. And I too, liked meeting your friends in Chicago.
ReplyDeleteIt's always great to see/hear from you!
Sandra