Thursday, February 14, 2013

10 Things Thursday - the LOVE edition



1.  I never was a big fan of Valentines Day, but for some reason, I LOVE it this year. I was telling Timmy last night that I feel like I've waited all my life to be that mom who makes things the night before for her kid to bring to class and now that I finally am that mom, I'm not going to complain about it at all! And, he's only 19 months (yikes! how did he get to be 19 months?)??  so, we made cupcakes last night and he brought Meg (or Met as he calls her) some beautiful tulips to let her know how much she is appreciated. I wish I had taken a picture so ya'll could see how cute he looked this morning carrying the flowers into her house and then giving them to her with a big grin on his face.. like he was so proud.  My heart swelled just a tiny little bit...

2.  As you mostly know, I'm a picture FREAK!!!  Well, when my absolute favorite photographer had a mini-session deal that I couldn't pass up, I jumped at the opportunity to have her take his picture.  She did a valentine's session and while he was a little bit fidgety and not wanting to cooperate at all, she got some decent shots, including the ones in the card above.  I ended up doing 2 different cards b/c I didn't think I'd get hers in time for V-day but sure enough, both arrived on the same day so I now look like a crazy person for putting so much effort into Valentines Day Cards!! :) Oh well, I LOVE doing things like that!  a little love spread around never hurt anyone right?? Here are some other ones she got:






3.  I joined the Lifetime 90 day challenge at the gym and I have to say, I'm doing pretty well on it!! I've cut back all sugar (perfect time to do it since it's EVERYWHERE, right?) and have been tracking my food intake on MFP this week. I've also started making green smoothies and I LOVE them!! who knew adding some spinach and kale to my smoothies would a.  make a difference in how much energy I have each day and b. taste soo delish! If you haven't tried a green smoothie, I highly recommend it. It's delish.  I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 2.6 since Sunday which is a nice little change considering I'm a big time staller in the WL area!


4.  Also found a new Kale chip I LOVE at whole foods..  Alive and Radiant Cheezy Chipotle.  Delish!

5. I'm in full planning mode for my BFF's wedding events. I can't believe we start celebrating her next month! We are headed to Chicago in early March and then back in May!  Super excited to be planning the parties!! I LOVE me a party!  We are doing the bachelorette here in April and we just booked a cabana for a day at one of the local hotels.. need to get my bathing suit body together stat!!!

6.  Spring Training starts in a couple of weeks and you all know how much I LOVE spring training (at least I LOVE it at the beginning, by the end of March, I'm DONE!) We got a little taste of outdoor fun a couple of weeks ago at the Phoenix Open, which touts itself as the biggest show on Grass..  it was super fun and the first time we've ever been which is ridiculous since we live like a mile from the course. We got to see Phil Mickelson win and all the scantily clad hussies walking around trying to snag themselves a rich dude.. very fun!!

7.  Ya'll know how much I LOVE my blog buddies!! We are getting together for lunch this weekend and then in a couple of weeks, we are meeting up with some band/blog superstars who are in town.  Will definitely post pics of that fun time! 

8.  I went to Pilates last night and my instructor, whom I LOVE, told me she's put in her notice at the gym. I almost cried. I truly believe she is the reason that I've renewed my motivation to get healthier again and have stuck to it.  She sends me daily emails and it's going to suck that she won't be my instructor. She's almost become a friend.  We talked about me possibly going to her privately (she has her own practice not affiliated with the gym) but we'll see. it blows. 

9. Going back to TR next week, whom I DO NOT LOVE!  But, I'm going to see about getting another small fill. This one has done pretty good but I'm still hungry much sooner than I should be.  Hoping I get the good PA and not the one that doesn't know how to count or find my port. 

10.  I think I'm done with the love-fest for the day. I wish I could find time to blog more, but my job (which if you notice I did not talk about LOVING) is still crazy and it's about to get even crazier..  ho hum.. 

Have a very happy Heart day!!

xo
js

4 comments:

  1. I love the pics..he is just such a cutie and I think the photo shoot turned out fabulous!..I need your smoothie recipe...I never know what to put in those things..and I could use extra energy....can't wait to see you this weekend my little peep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hunny bunny is zoo cute... watch out cause the girls will be smooching him once he hits school. Spring training - my hubby is wanting to do spring training so much - lucky you!! I love the green smoothies and you cant even taste the spinach - you've inspired me to get off my butt and make them again - I spend insane amounts of $$ for that damn Vitamix I better well use it! Im a little jealous that all you AZ girls are always getting together - I think I have to save enough points to catch a flight for a gathering too... Happy Love Day xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a great writer, as you capture the recent events but also have a tremendous way of showing your spirit. This last blog was wonderful.
    Love, AJ

    ReplyDelete