Hey all... first things first, I hope all of you that are suffering through Snowmagedden 2011 are keeping warm and inside!! I have to say that for all the times I wish I still lived in Chicago, these past 24 hours have really made me happy I DON'T live there. I hope it all clears up by March 10th, which is when I'm heading there for a shower my girlfriends are having for me!! I know it will be cleared up by then, but from the looks of it, clean-up is going to take for-evah....
So, I've been really, really sick. Like sick as in "sick-as-a-dog" sick.. (not sure where that phrase came from b/c my dogs are rarely sick and when they are, they really aren't that sick.. but anyways, I digress... What started out as a innocent little cough turned into some gigantour virus that knocked me out cold for 5 days and counting.. I feel totally fine now except for the fact that a seal has climbed into my throat and chest and is barking when I cough (these are words used by my boss today as he was forcing me to go home b/c my cough was so loud that it was interrupting things!! ) So, I'm on my forced "work from home" day number 2 and I hate working from home!! Home during the day is soo boring to me.. My hubs is also a sicky and we all know, ain't nothing worse than a sick man.. total drama.. this is a man who judges how sick he is by how many beers he has in one weekend.. he must have been near the brink b/c he ONLY had 3 beers all weekend.. the horror..
I've been able to catch up on my DVRd shows lately which is nice b/c that thing gets packed! I was watching Oprah yesterday (anyone see it?) her whole staff decided to go vegan for a week and then we got to see where ground beef comes from. It was eye-opening, but I'll still eat meat. I agree with the guy on the show that said, if you are going to eat meat, you should be willing to see how it gets to that stage.. I felt kind of bad for the little cows on their way to slaughter but it didn't affect me enough to not eat a burger later. What can I say, I'm a meat eater, always will be. I just don't think I could go vegan or vegetarian..
Also watched "One Born Every Minute" - holy smokeroos.. I have no idea what I've just gotten myself into.. I was in pain just watching some of these moms give birth.. ay yi yi..
Finally, babe is doing well.. I went to my OB yesterday to get a bunch of what I call "Old lady who shouldn't be having a child at this advanced age" tests done and then she used a doppler to check the heartrate and everything is good. According to her, my kiddo is quite active already and was moving around like a "maniac".. that's my kid...wouldn't expect anything different!! We officially find out the gender next Tuesday and I cannot wait!! I'm ready to shop!!! There are a lot of "Boy" predictions out there from friends so to say I will be shocked if it's a girl is an understatement.
Hope you are all well!! Stay WARM!!!
xo,js
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Jen - can't wait to find out what you're having! Our appointment for that is the 14th, and I'm ready to know! I have a ton of girl stuff to get rid of it it is a boy, and a ton to organize if not!!! Hang in there and feel better...
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon. Nothing worse than being sick while pregnant. Cold and hacking cough kinda sick...
ReplyDeleteAnywho...
I'm a meat eater, too. Making me watch 'how it's made' doesn't dissuade me at all.
Glad the baby is doing well. Can't wait to hear what you will be having!
Get better soon! I can't wait to find out what you and Sarah are having! I know you will be happy with whichever God gives you!
ReplyDeleteLife sounds absolutely fab! Sorry to hear you are not feeling well!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to the updates!
SMILES!
Yay for good OB visits! Boo for being sick. Hope you're feeling better soon :)
ReplyDeleteI'm afraid to jinx it, but this winter has been very low key compared to what we dealt with last winter. Can't wait to hear if you are having a boy or girl. Glad the testing went well.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you haven't been feeling well. So excited to see what you're having...I'm predicting a baby. OK...somebody had to do it. I'll go against the grain and say you're having a girl.
ReplyDelete