Monday, January 24, 2011

Overextended...

Well, it's official, I'm going to need to cut back on my social life a bit.  This kiddo growing inside me is bringing on a whole new level of exhaustion that I never imagined possible!! I'm the type who likes to be moving a lot of things, a.lot....  no more though.. I'm staging a social intervention with myself.  Here's my last week:

Monday - "Bachelor" Date with Michelle
Tuesday - Dinner and Movie with girlfriends from work
Wednesday - Airport pick-up for buddy TK who came to town
Thursday - Dinner with TK
Friday - early AM appointment to get brakes fixed (urgggg), drive to Sedona, hang out in Sedona, dinner and drinks with TK and hubs until 11ish
Saturday - workout, pedicure, party at friends house
Sunday - workout, out with friends to watch Packers/Bears game, drop off TK at airport

I'm exhausted..  Granted, my schedule is not normally like last week's b/c I don't normally have visitors in town, but things are starting to pick up over the next couple of months with visits, trips, etc..  My doctor said the one thing I can control with this pregnancy is the fatigue.. she said "just say no"! SO, I'm starting today.. I'm limiting my during the week activities to just my weekly date with Michelle for the Bachelor b/c honestly, that usually just entails laying on a couch at one or the other's homes..  I also had to have a heart to heart (or as my dad says, Come to Jesus meeting) with Tim on Saturday night regarding him respecting my desire to leave places when I want to. He's usually the one that says, "come on, just one more drink..." and finally on Saturday night, I had had it!  He apologized and I think he's still just getting used to this whole change our life is going to take in about 5 months..  he's definitely a work in progress on this. 

So, anyways, here I go talking about baby stuff.. just when I said I would not be one that does that!! Sorry!  Just that's pretty much what's going on these days!!  Oh, and I think I finally "popped" today..  belly looks BIG!  I even had a couple of people tell me "I can totally tell you are pregnant today"!!  Feels pretty good to finally look pregnant and not just chubby!  In band related news.. my band reminded me of it's presence on Saturday when I was trying to eat a breakfast sandwich and got completely stuck...  gotta love a little restriction when I thought I had none!

So, I mentioned Sedona  - we went on Friday and it was gorgeous.. if you've never been, I highly recommend you add it to your list of places to visit.  here are a few pics! xo,js

10 comments:

  1. wow! Your schedule makes me feel tired just reading it :) Glad you are feeling well and still enjoying yourself. Love the Pictures! Pic's of your bump soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so happy...glowing even!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart sedona! You do need more down time. Start practicing saying no now! You will need it in the months and years to come! I just loved every second of being pregnant. Hope your experience is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tiredness is EPIC, isn't it? Sleep, sleeeeeeeep, child. Get as much rest as you can; let your body do what it needs to do. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've popped big time too!!! Of course, I had #1 to thank for that originally, but I am thinking I may need to post some belly pix!!! :-)

    DEFINITELY control the rest while you can - you won't be able too soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you! You look beautiful! Enjoy your pregnancy, but do get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder you're tired!!! Take it easy, hun...sleep will be evasive once the little one arrives :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm tired just reading all that and I'm not even pregnant. I was married in Sedona...one of my favorite places in the whole world. Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your smile is contagious! You should do commercials for Crest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Joey!!
    I am not sure how I missed it or if I forgot but I didn't know you were pregnant-- congrats!!!
    Anyhow: let's be in touch via email, you can reach me at dinnerland@gmail.com (comment on my blog and let meknow you sent a message b/c I don't check that email every day) and we can exchange info privately.
    I'll let you know when we'll be around etc. and hopefully we may be able to plan to get together!

    ReplyDelete