Monday, February 14, 2011

Me vs. the Beast (and a bump pic)

Hey all! Hope you had a great weekend!! We had perfectly gorgeous weather here - in the mid-high 70s/low 80s and it was soo nice to finally feel some warmth. I took advantage of the weather and opened up my windows started to do a little spring cleaning (b/c, let's face it, spring hits AZ in mid-late February and then summer hits in April!)  AND, since I had a burst of energy ( and that doesn't happen too often either) I really went at the cleaning with a vengeance..  I even attempted to vacuum my stairs which brought me to the realization that the one thing that is really going to make this pregnancy horrible for me is what I refer to as the Beast..  aka the stairs in my house..  they are brutal.

See Exhibit A - looking up the stairs. 




I'm starting to come up with excuses to not go upstairs. Nevermind that most things are upstairs, like my bedroom!!!  Poor Timmy is going to get a workout with these stairs.. just this morning, I came downstairs all ready for work (for the first time, b/c I do not make a habit of coming down until I'm totally ready, lest I have to go back up them) and I realized I left my glasses up in our room. He's so sweet that he went up there to get them. Came down and then I realized that I left my phone up there. Off his cute little self went to get it..  I'm hoping I can keep up these favors for the next 4 1/2 months, otherwise I'm screwed..   I may have to move my sleeping quarters downstairs b/c these things seriously take my breath away!!!  Pathetic I know!

Finally, I took a picture of my bump.. or what I refer to as chubbier belly..   this picture really doesn't do it justice, but I'm finding that certain shirts camoflauge it really well and some accentuate it A LOT..  I sent one about a week ago to my BFF Shannon and she said "your legs look skinny"..  THAT folks, is why she's my BFF!!!  I'll take more as long as you promise not to judge!!!


Have a great week! 
xo,js

9 comments:

  1. No matter what, you're just cute.....that's all! I m so hapoy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of your gorgeous weather, but not those killer steps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would WE judge? Of course not! you look adorable! I love baby bellies and I'm so excited for you for your first pregnancy and all that...joy jazz! God the weather here is amazing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bump! I remember the stairs dread. Worse is having to pick stuff up off the floor. That is the worst torture when pg.

    Hey I have a question, I wonder if we could meet up when I'm in Phoenix? Thinking about skipping the spring training game and going out instead ;). Tues, March 8? Let me know. Are there other local bandsters? I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that same shirt (LOL) in blue!!! LOVE IT! And we found out we're having a boy too!!! Yes, stairs suck big time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I told you that I didn't like those stairs!!!

    Let's get together soon. Cookies should be in soon, I will call you and we can set up a meeting!

    I think you look great! Lovin' the bump!!! so presh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arghh, stairs and being pregnant! My heart goes out to you! Can I recommend, once baby has arrived, you get a nappy (that's UK-speak for daiper!) changing station set up downstairs as well as upstairs so you don't have to take little one up there every time he needs a clean whooosit. Saves a LOT of stair-climbing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stairs while pregnant are evil!! (even though yours are beautiful)
    I love the BUMP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, you look so cute!!! I can already tell how sweet that baby is going to be.

    Sorry about those stairs, my sciatica acted up when I saw the picture.

    Sooo bummed we didn't coordinate better for the brunch and your visit to NYC. I'm going out of town that last week in March.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete