I know that I still have a band but I found myself saying to a very dear co-worker yesterday who listens to all my complaints and never judges nor makes fun and I said to her, "when I had my band".. and the moment I said that, I was like "wait, you still have a band ding-dong.. it's just not filled the way you want it to be." I guess what I was trying to say was that I miss restriction, I miss losing weight, I miss feeling good about myself and where I was going.. It's definitely a very hard mental thing to wrap your head around when you lose 80lbs+ and then it just stops. Don't get me wrong, I am so happy with what's going on right now with the pregnancy and with my life, but I am so constantly worried that I'm going to be back to where I started from and that just sucks. Add to the fact that all I read about are successes with you guys (special Congrats to Steph for hitting 100 lbs down!!) and my scale just keeps going up. And it just bums be out. So far, my doctor is not concerned with my weight gain (which is around 12-14lbs) but I am. I know I can eat so much more, I know that I'm not always making the right choices and I know I could put more effort into working out now that I'm finally feeling better from this dreaded flu/bronchitis situation that I had. It's just the getting up and go that I'm lacking lately. I used to be a 2x a day workout girl.. now I barely work out 2 times a week and that's b/c I'm committed to working out with Kathi. I know something has to change or I will be that person that walked into the OR on 10/29/09.. and I can't handle that.
Anyone know how soon after having a baby you can get refilled??
Thanks for listening.. sorry for the pity party!
**I hope this doesn't sound like a poor poor me post.. I AM really excited about this baby and I know it's a true blessing for sure.****
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just to give you a heads up - it'll be after you finish breast-feeding before you can get a refill. When you start breast-feeding, you calorie consumption actually has to increase again. I was told general rule of thumb is while pregnant, increase by 300 calories a day. While breast-feeding, increase by 500 calories a day.
ReplyDeleteBut then again, as I understand it, breast-feeding helps you lose weight, too. So while calories are up...so is metabolism.
Hang in there. It's all for something - and the band will be there on the other side to help you get back to where you want to be.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy doctor told me she'd refill me 6 weeks after the baby, so you should call your practitioner and ask... I have heard that if you're breast feeding there can be some band swelling (?) but I haven't heard anything about not being able to be filled... good luck - I'm right there with you! I've probably gained 15-18 so far, and am trying REALLY hard to stick to the "better for me" things, but man it is hard!!! It'll be worth it a ton though - we can both do this!!!
ReplyDeleteOK...never been pg with the band so can't relate to that part. What I can relate to is having a baby. Don't let this get you down or in any way cloud what's happening right now. Also, the pg weight comes off a lot faster than regular weight. Don't worry. It won't be as much as a struggle as it was the first time. The last time I saw 199 was right after I had my second child. Of course, then I kept eating and eating and eating...and well, you get the idea. LOL.
ReplyDeleteSteady, girl. Keep your eyes on the prize: Healthy baby, healthy mother.
ReplyDeleteSo much easier said than done. But chant that to yourself every once in a while. Who knows, maybe it'll help.
xoxo
I agree with Kristin....
ReplyDelete