1. We are in our new house and we love it. We still have two rooms in which there is no furniture but we'll get there. With moving, Christmas, Christmas travel, we've had a lot of expenses and I just haven't found exactly what I "need" for these rooms! Here is a pic of the backyard.. it's heavenly.. I can't wait until it's warm enough to enjoy it more. We have a putting green back there and I quickly realized on Thanksgiving, that putting makes me want to hurl a golf club over the fence and into the wash.. it's so freaking frustrating!!! I could never be a golfer as I don't have the patience!!
2. Thanksgiving was pretty low-key, just me and Timmy. We ended up making the full meal, including the turkey. I did not have one bite of the turkey b/c turkey and Antonio do not get along. Needless to say, we had a boatload of leftovers that Timmy has enjoyed all week long. We watched B&M's girls this weekend and this was the scene during the turkey slicing time:
I think the dogs ate more than me that day!!!
3. I did a little Black Friday shopping but didn't go overboard. I went to Kohls ( there were a bajillion people there!) Target, Old Navy and Homegoods.. I think I ended up with more for me/house than for any of the peeps on my list!!!
4. We are heading to Michigan in less than 3 weeks and to say that I'm excited is a huge understatement! We haven't spent Christmas up at the lake all together in 4 years.. so fun! I broke down and ordered a new winter coat b/c my others are like blankets on me now!
5. My band is absolutely a pain in the ass lately. I am having such a hard time keeping things down and today's new development is that whenever I eat anything, it feels like there's a fire in my belly. I have some other health things going on which may be contributing to the pain a little but I have an appointment on Friday and may actually ask for an unfill. It blows (literally) though.
6. Even though my band is a bastard lately, I've been doing pretty well on the challenge. I think I'm down around 7 since the beginning. How come I only lose during a challenge?? It's bananas.
Hope everyone is well. Will make more of an effort to comment and read blogs!! Some of your blogs shut my internet down though when I try to open them at work! I've been using google reader a lot lately and sometimes can't get over to the actual blog to comment. HOpefully, I'll have something more exciting to blog about next time!!! Boring is how I roll these days!!!
xo,js

So jealous of that yard!
ReplyDeleteFeel better!
Christmas by the lake sounds wonderful. Sorry to hear your band is acting up. Tell it that Santa is watching. :)
ReplyDeleteThat looks gorgeous. Much nicer than NYC on this rainy, rainy day.
ReplyDeleteYou're definitely going to need a winter coat -- it just turned to freezing up here! It even snowed today!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to have you back and posting! Those dogs are so cute...a little hungry maybe? I was up at 3:0 am in line at Kohls myself. It was crazy busy, but I got some great deals!! I love the backyard! Have fun in Michigan :)
ReplyDeleteHoly fabulous new digs, Batman. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteReally sorry to hear your band is giving you so much grief. I hope your doc is able to help you get some relief. (I RHYMED! So clever!)
Golf is frustrating, but that pool looks mighty relaxing!
ReplyDeleteYour backyard is to DIE FOR!! Sorry your band is acting up. Hopefully a little unfill will have you feeling better.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful yard!
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you wanna meet up when you're in the Mitten! I would love to meet you.
Hey Sister Jen!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you - I'm jealous of the backhard AND the dogs.
Sorry about the band/health problems. I hope you can feel better soon.
HUGS!!
backyard is GORGEOUS!!! Pool party at Jen's house
ReplyDeleteThe pool/yard looks FAB! One day...
ReplyDelete