- We got back from Michigan last night. Had an absolute blast. I will post tons of pictures tomorrow once I remember to bring my camera and cord to work. Luckily, we had no issues whatsoever with travel, which may have been a first for us. It was freezing cold and I spent a good amount of time, inside, under a blanket, napping.. which was perfecto!!
- Back at work today.. seems like it's going to be a pretty dead week, which will be nice so I can get organized and ready for the chaos the beginning of the year always brings.
2003 - started trying to get pregnant the traditional way.. when that didn't work, started doing the whole taking my temperature, Ovulation Predictor Kits, etc... nothing.
2004 - started working with my OB/Gyn to see if we couldn't jumpstart something. Took Clomid for about 5 months and then did the Clomid Challenge with Super Ovulation for about 3 months.. Clomid should not be taken for more than 3-4 months before moving on.. I ended up with a burst ovarian cyst... OUCH! Really started questioning whether or not I wanted to put my body through all of this..
2005 - saw a fertility specialist. Was diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve and told my chances to conceive were a slim 4-6%.... thought about doing IVF and then decided to start the adoption process.
Late 2005 - finished adoption paperwork and waited, waited.. met with 2 birth moms, weren't picked. Devastated.
2006 - moved to AZ. Found out that all of our Adoption paperwork and $$$$ did not transfer across state lines. Had to start all over.
2007 - The Great Stull Depression of 2007 - lost our business, lost everything, no money or insurance to do either adoption or fertility treatments. Decided we needed to regroup first and then get to deciding what we wanted to do about a family.
2008 - decided to have LapBand surgery. Started the 6 month insurance waiting period
2009 - BAM - found out I was pregnant in May... shocked to say the least... had a miscarriage at 6 weeks.. sad but hopeful that with my surgery and better health, that the silver lining was that we could at least conceive..
October, 2009 - Lap Band Surgery - you know this story..
May, 2010 - visit with a fertility specialist. Decide that we will go straight to IVF as soon as the summer is over.. Summer over, we kept putting it off and putting it off..
October, 2010 - after reconciling with myself that I really didn't want to do IVF b/c of what it could do to my innards, I was pretty much at peace that I might not ever carry a child. and then BAM!!!! was getting ready to head to Chicago for Margo's wedding and realized that I hadn't started my period which was wierd b/c for the past several months, I had had very short cycles (like around 21/22 days long) So, for good measure, took a test and was SHOCKED at the results... I'm telling you if you don't believe in miracles.. you should. This is a Bona-fide miracle here...
I was very apprehensive for the first couple of months b/c of my history and just kept hoping for the best everytime I've been to the doctor for an ultrasound. But, there is a Baby Stull in my belly with a perfect strong heartbeat who likes to shield it's face whenever the ultrasound tech starts to move around the belly.
For the first couple of weeks, I was pretty sick - but only in the afternoons.. I finally went to see my LB doctor and she wanted to take out ALL of my fluid. Once I started crying and begging her to not, she agreed to take out 1/2 so I went from 9cc to 4.5 which immediately eliminated the vomiting that I had.. it was crazy. Haven't thrown up since. It's actually kind of nice that I can eat a sandwich now without getting stuck!! I'm still trying to be mindful of the lap band rules and so far have really only gained like 4lbs back. The biggest symptom I have is the extreme tiredness.. I could sleep for hours. Other than that, I'm doing pretty well.
Ok, gotta run, just wanted to share the good news.. Will keep you posted. I promise I won't be one of those crazy telling you every little detail of my pregnancy people!!!
Hope you all had a great holiday season and those out East are keeping warm and are able to at least enjoy all the snow!! :)
xo,js

Congratulations!!! :) I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteOH, Jen! I am so happy for you!!! Congratulations on your blessing. Imagine all of that trying, and then it happening when you least expect it. Miracle indeed. So happy. SO SO Happy for you! BIG HUGS. I look forward to seeing the baby bump and glowing pregnant Jen photos!
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful news!!! I'm so happy for you and your hubby :)
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful for you!
ReplyDeleteWhat great news!!!! I am so happy for you and your husband! Just this morning I was thinking wouldn't it be great to hear something really great.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!
Ames
Congratulations! What wonderful news!
ReplyDeleteAwwww, Jen! I couldn't be happier for you guys! You are going to be a fantastic mommy. Lucky for me, I will be able to see your sweet baby when I am in Phoenix! Let us know your due date.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That is such fantastic news :)
ReplyDeleteTotally, completely thrilled for you! The tiredness is like nothing else, isn't it? Get lots of rest, and enjoy it (especially now that you're not throwing up!).
ReplyDeletexoxo
mazel tov, jen! it's just wonderful news!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! So happy for you! And I wouldn't mind hearing all those details...but I'm kind of a freak..lol.
ReplyDeleteYay for you! Hoping I will have a big news post one day too!!!!!!!! So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Jen...that's the best news ever.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't be happier for you and your hubby.
Congratulations! That's really fantastic!
ReplyDeleteYey! Congrats sweetpea! That is exciting and thank you for recaping the way you did. Isnt it amazing how life works out sometimes. It really is.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! You are on a fantastic adventure. I wish you a happy healthy pregnancy - what a miracle!
ReplyDeleteOMG what fabulous news! There is nothing better! Enjoy every minute. I loved being pregnant, and having a newborn....ahhhhhhh. What an amazing gift for you. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYep, you're glowing!! You look radiant and so happy!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! I am so excited that there is another bandster on this journey with me!!! Feel free to email me if you want (sarah at foglerfamily dot net)... I totally am amazed at the similarities in many ways!!! I am happy to share, just a bit more privately...
ReplyDeleteAt any rate, enjoy! Is this your first pregnancy? Happy to answer any questions you might have if so!!!
~ Sarah
Oh my gosh! I'm just getting caught up on everyone's blogs and this is just the most wonderful news!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhere the heck have I been!!! OMG!! This is so exciting! I'm truly happy for you! XO!
ReplyDeleteJEN!!! Congrats, I am so excited for you! We def have to get together and catch up when you are NYC. <3
ReplyDelete