Hey all - I've been horribly absent from Blogland lately. Just can't seem to get my blo-jo back. Really, there hasn't been anything too exciting going on to tell you about!
I love Thanksgiving and normally it's one of my most favorite holidays, but this year, eh.. just not feeling it.
Last year at this time, it was my first day of regular food b/c it fell just about 3 weeks after my surgery. I remember being nervous about not being able to eat much but it all went down just fine. It's so funny to think back at when I was just banded and all the things I "thought" I would never be able to eat, drink, etc..
This year, it's just me and Timmy cooking for ourselves. It'll be much different but I'm sure it will be good. We are having an ongoing battle as to whether or not to actually cook a turkey b/c I know I'll only be able to eat a little and it seems like such a waste and so time-consuming. I would prefer to just get a turkey breast but we'll see!! I do love me some green bean casserole so you can bet that there will be plenty of that. We are going to "party hop" to a few of our friends houses that day so it should be fun.
I always miss my family on Thanksgiving and this year is no different. I can't wait to see them all in about a month up in the great white north of Northern Michigan for Christmas.
Hope you all have a happy thanksgiving!! Gobble Gobble!!!
**sorry for the blandest post ever.. hope your turkey doesn't turn out this bland!! ***
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hope you have a good one, Jen!
ReplyDeleteI vote for a turkey breast instead of an entire bird for two (1.25 really).
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely holiday!
I made a turkey breast (5 lbs) two weeks ago for me, my hubby and my FIL. It was delish, and more than enough for all of us, with lots of leftovers. Go for the breast!
ReplyDeleteHi Jen - stumbled upon your blog. I can't wait to start reading it....looks like you have been sucessful!
ReplyDeleteI have an appointment to be banded on Dec 1st. I can't wait!
Tracy
bandedadventures.blogspot.com