Thursday, April 25, 2013

Ten Things Thursday..

1.  I know, I know, yesterday was Weigh In Wednesday, but I just couldn't go there.  I contemplated throwing in the towel yesterday b/c I was so frustrated. I couldn't even write the numbers. I had an appointment for a fill and I almost didn't go, but then I said to myself, "self, if you don't go, what is the point of having a lap band... you are going to fail, get back up and be succesful and it all starts with going to see the Dr. and getting the fill".. so I went and am happy I did.

2.  I love my new Dr. He's honestly the kindest one dr. I've ever had. EVER.  He walked in, asked me how I was doing, I told him I was irritated, he tried to cheer me up and then I just said, "please just let me be frustrated for a minute" and he did. He asked me some good questions and then tried to joke a little with me, give me some options and then he said "did you get your hair done differently? B/C it looks really good!" Ah, that man knows the way to my heart, comment on my hair!! So, I got a nice sized fill (1.5cc) which almost brings me up to where I was pre-EGD. And then we came up with a plan to get another 1.5 in 3 weeks if I need it.  I'm feeling much better today and had about a 1/2 of a small yogurt and was full, so hoping that's a good sign!!

3.  Am starting with my old personal trainer Kathi tomorrow morning at 5:30. I'm excited and scared all at once. I can't wait to get back into the swing of getting my ass handed to me by here twice a week but I'm scared of the pain that I know will ensue. I'm hoping with her sessions, my 2x week Pilates and my Zumba mixed in with some additional cardio, I'm going to be rocking a hot body by this time next year!!

4.  I haven't mentioned work lately - finally, it's getting under control!!

5. I'm obsessed with the "Walking Dead".. Damn you Michelle!!! I literally jump into bed every night and start up an episode on my iPad. Last night I thought I was going to have a panic attack, it was so intense. I'm almost done with the 2nd season so I need to figure out how to get the 3rd since it's not on Netflix yet.

6.  Talked to my bestie last night.. 15 days until her wedding!! so excited! Trying to figure out how I'm going to do my hair since I got it CHOPPED last weekend!


7. LBG posted a funny blog about Plus Size models in catalogs and how ridiculous it is that they are not plus sized at all. That got me to thinking about how annoyed I always get when I see the mannequins in plus size section of the Old Navy website... I mean really, who stands like this and everything they model looks completely frumpy and blah.. I have this dress and it doesn't look like this on me at all.. it looks BETTER!

8. I had lunch with my blog besties Jenn and Elizabeth this past weekend. As usual, we spent the majority of the time chatting away. So good to catch up with them. We have plans for a water play date with the kiddos in May already! Can't wait!!


9. I found a new use for my child this morning.. I had on tall wedges and I dropped my ID on the floor and thought "shit, that's a long way down to pick that up" so I asked him to get it for me! He's got a new job!!  "Picker-Upper"

10. I got nothing else.  Have a good weekend!!

xo

5 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie...I am sorry you had a bad weigh in but I am SO proud you didn't let it derail you...you got a plan in place and are talking with the doc and getting fills...You ARE WORKING IT! It will all come around..I have faith and I know you will succeed! I am JACKED about MAY swimming!!!!!! Pretty hair pic too! You look smashing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got to the doctors! Way to push through! Good job! Glad you got a fill! You will be back on track in no time! I like your hair cut! You look great! I love how they model plus size clothing with non- plus size models! Drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair always looks so good. I'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can probably buy the season 3 episodes on Amazon or iTunes. I bought the Sons of Anarchy on Amazon for like $1.99 an episode!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to stop watching Walking Dead. I love it, but it gives me wicked bad zombie nightmares! i love your haircut. You look great!

    ReplyDelete