1. Work blows big time. I'm working almost 55 hours a week most weeks and honestly, that's not even enough hours, I could keep on working some days. But I have to go home and take care of my little mister! I'll survive this job but who knows how long many of us will stick it out! I'm not leaving anytime soon.. unless they force me out!
2. My little mister is doing so well! HE just turned 18 months this weekend and he's growing like a weed. We had a little valentine's day mini-photo session and that was fun (not really!) at 18 months, he's just not that interested in sitting too still!! But the photographer sent a couple sneak peeks and he looks just delicious!!
Timmy has been taking him to daycare each day so that I can get to work early and every day I show up and Mac is all dressed in sweats and tees and his hair is barely combed, so I had to take this pic the other day when I showed up at daycare and he looked like a little man in his green skinnies:
3. Over the holidays, right after Christmas, I met up with JennAz for lunch one day and made her try one of my faves, The Herb Box. I'm so glad that I've become such good friends with some of my blog buddies here! I'm not going to lie, the AZ ladies rock! All have something to add to the mix as far as Band experience goes and it's nice to all just have someone to relate to! I'm pretty sure that Elizabeth is my long lost sister! It's like she knows when I need a little encouraging text or just a check in and for that, I just love her for!
4. My Dad is continuing to do well and I really appreciate all the check-ins from everyone! He had a little blip last week but everything came back good and he said he felt the best this weekend that he had in a while! So, all good news!
5. I've been the movie queen lately! Everything I've seen has been good! In order of my faves: Zero Dark Thirty, Silver Linings Playbook, Argo, The Impossible.. ALL GOOD!
6. I'm in full Maid of Honor planning mode for my BFF Shannon! We are headed to Chicago in March for her shower and then all the girls are coming to AZ in April for the Bachelorette and then wedding in May! I feel like it's all coming up so fast! Cannot wait! I need to find a dress to wear though. I did have somewhat of an NSV last weekend when I went to try on some dresses at David's bridal. I pulled a couple of sizes that started with a 2 and they were literally falling off of me. Old habits die hard people.. the woman was like "why would you pull these sizes b/c there's no way you are near this size" it was nice to hear!!
7. Speaking of NSVs, at my doctor's office the other day, they laid out the little robe and in the past, it's never fully fit and this past week, I could belt it and wrap it all the way around me and then some. It's nice to have these NSVs when I don't see the weight falling off like I'd like. I took a pic of myself while I was waiting (b/c really, just what am I supposed to do while waiting besides take some selfies!!) Also, I wanted to take a pic of my new specs! I can see again!!
8. this is literally the most random blog ever! :)
9. So happy the Biggest Loser is back on! Love that show but Jillian would scare the living shit out of me if she was my trainer!
10. I've got a new Pilates instructor and she is completely badass!! I swear I was doing baby Pilates for the past year b/c this new instructor kicks our asses every.single.time. I can totally already see results and I'm loving it! I also went back to Zumba tonight which was hilarious b/c I'm so not a dancer but it was fun and according to my fitbit, I took almost 8000 steps in one hour!! wahoooo!!
Ok, I'm out. Hopefully, I can catch up with all ya'll!!
Happy New Year!!
xo,js




I love your glasses! And I can't wait to see what dress you end up with for the wedding.
ReplyDeleteMy husband cracks me up when he dresses the kids...this morning my daughter came out with a SLEEVELESS dress on ("what? They aren't going outside today!") Crazy dads!
Love the new specs...and the Mac pictures are just to die for...he is SO DARN CUTE!
ReplyDeleteMust do lunch again.....I LOVED the herb box!
First, I love the glasses on you!
ReplyDeleteSecond, Mac is such a beautiful boy. Honestly, and I'm not just saying that in a traditional southern "Isn't he precious" kind of way. He truly is a happy and adorable little boy!
Great job on the NSV's with the dress shopping and the doctor's robes! Way to go!
I have never done pilates. Does it take coordination and balance like yoga?
You are so beautiful!!! I can't wait to hear all the details about the wedding.
ReplyDeleteMac is a cutie pie! I could eat him up :)
Fun post! You're doing awesome with the workouts!! You reminded me of my own robe experience ... going to a spa where the robes were always uncomfortably small, and finding that they were really big! NSVs are so awesome!!
ReplyDeleteYou are the Queen of the long arm. You're so darn cute - thats where super cutie Mac gets it from - his mama! My husband makes me cry when he picks out cloths for the kids and they end up dressed a lot like him. I Love that you took the xxl sizes off the rack and had to put them back. Trying to gather enough points to come to AZ and see you all and get out of the snow. Miss you ladies and all your laughs! ps. I think speck is coming too...lol ;P
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear from you - keep up the awesome, awesome work!!!
ReplyDelete~xoxoxo Sarah (VA)
he's adorable! love the pics!
ReplyDelete