Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Post-Christmas Catch Up!!!

Hi all!! Hope you and yours had a fabulous Christmas!!  We had a good one, but as I told my husband yesterday, I'm done with not being around family for Christmas!! It was good, but I missed the craziness that comes along with being in Northern Michigan, with the snow falling, lots of people talking and being able to go skiing..  it's just not the same.

Since I've been absent for a while from the blog world, thought I'd do a little catch up bullet style:

since we last chatted, this has been what's going on in my world:


  • My job is secure.  As I mentioned, I now work for two Execs and as promised, last week was BANANAS- I worked something like 68 hours in 6 days.. it'll be a nice paycheck in a couple of weeks!! I don't anticipate that it'll be this crazy all the time, at least I'm hoping not! Otherwise, mama might be picking up a bad habit or two in order to stay sane!! :) 
  • I had my annual cookie party a couple of weeks ago.  Because of the events of that week, it turned into more of a boozefest..  I woke up the next morning in a wine-induced fog and thought I was going to meet my maker - let's just say me and wine might need to take a break from each other for a bit.  Two of my AZ blog besties made it to the party and thankfully I did not embarrass myself too much!! Love these girls - JennXAz and Elizabeth!! 



  • that same weekend, some of us AZ bloggers met up for lunch to have a little goodbye lunch for Amanda (MandaPanda). We are so sad to see her go but she'll still be blogging and we'll all keep in touch (we even talked about meeting up in Vegas in 2013!) 

  • Mac is doing great as usual!! It's amazing how much he is picking up as far as speech goes.. he says Merry Christmas the funniest way and he is starting to talk in a clearer, non babbling way! He's off daycare this week so we'll see how much he and his mama survive with 11 days to ourselves!! I'm working 1/2 days this week and we have a sitter while we are at work, but lordy be is it expensive paying by the hour instead of his daycare rates!!! I'm going broke just paying Wednesday - Friday. He loves his doggies..  

  • He was not a fan of Santa - but I knew he wouldn't be..  he still has a little of that separation anxiety/stranger danger thing going on..  it was funny for the minute he was on his lap!! 


  • Speaking of Santa, he was very good to everyone!!  I told Timmy that Mac is not getting one more thing until his birthday in July!!! My family was out of control in giving him gifts! We had a very low key couple of days, but spent it with our friends here and each other.. 







  • I'm so ready for 2013 to come and I plan on killing it on the band front. I'm thinking about switching offices b/c I just don't care for the TR office here. I contacted Jenn's doctor and they are checking with my insurance and I may switch to them. I need someone to really help me push and get these last lbs off and I know I can do it if I put my mind to it.  I am upping my PIlates again and I am committing to working out here at work every day I'm not doing Pilates. I'm in my bestie's wedding in May and I want to look goooooooodddd!!! Plus, Michelle and Joy and I are planning a girl's trip to NYC in April and they both are so cute and I want to keep up with them!! 
Hope you all have a very Happy New Year!!  I can't wait to see what is in store for all of us in 2013! 

xoxo,
js

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Jen (and family)!!! Sounds like you had a blast... hoping that I can join you on the band front in 2013 - something has GOT to change, primarily the wine!!! :-)

    Hope you are well... talk soon!
    ~sarah F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing you post! Of course I keep up on FB. Love the pictures of Mac. The santa one is so funny.(sorry Mac)

    Enjoyed catching up.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great holiday! I'm with you on the wine detox - I was a hot mess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved getting to catch up on what's going on with you and seeing the AZ blog ladies! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting caught up...Happy New Year sweetie! This is the year we work it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just catching up...and I am with MandaPanda...this is our year to work it!

    ReplyDelete