Hi all,
once again, it's been a while since I blogged and lately, I'm finding myself asking "why is it so hard" to almost everything in my daily life, so I'm going to rant. Don't read it if you don't want to hear a rant.. warning.. (I'll also try to not make every one of these points about my husband)
1. Why is it so hard for my husband to not put a dish in the dishwasher? The dishwasher is empty, the sink is empty every night before I go to bed and pretty much every morning I wake up and there is a dish IN.THE.SINK. The dishwasher is like a foot away?? I'll never get it.
2. Why is it so hard that while there is a Milwaukee Brewers or Bucks game, I cannot get my husband's attention to save my life. And never mind the child that lives in our house, he'll be yelling DADA, DADA and Tim won't even hear him? I mean, I don't glaze over during Housewives or any of my reality shows.. (Homeland may be an exception though!) and things can get done while the TV is also on. He will ask me a question about something we discussed the previous night while he was watching the game and act like it's the first time he's heard me talk about something..
For the Record, I want to say to those that say "These bitches be crazy", it's b/c you men MAKE.US.CRAZY!!!
I could go on and on.. but there's so much more to bitch about.
3. I mentioned that work blows right?? it's b/c when you cut 80% of your workforce, you lose most of the support you used to receive for little things like, um, copy machine repair, ordering supplies, business cards, etc.. it help desk, could I go on? So, when I ask why is it so hard to get anything done and why do I have to go through an email chain of like 50 emails to get one thing done, I know the answer, I just don't have to like it!
4. Why is it so hard for the snowbirds who come to AZ to drive the speed limit? I need a big foam bumper on my car so I can occasionally bump them to light a fire under their slow bums.
5. Why is it so hard for people to commit to things? I have a few friends who tell me every week they are going to join a class I take with me (no this isn't about you Michelle! :) ) and do you think any of them ever show up? No! A couple of them don't even have jobs at the moment so I know they have plenty of time on their hands! Good thing I don't rely on anyone to get my workouts in b/c I'd probably never work out. Last night I had a Pilates class alone (technically a private ) b/c the other girls just didn't show up, which is silly b/c you then pay double for the class if you late cancel!
6. Why is it so hard for my work to understand that a 40 hour work week exists? and 55 isn't the same as 40? I'd like them to figure that out soon.
7. Why is it so hard to get a decent flight to the Midwest in March?? I mean, isn't it still snowing and crappy? shouldn't it be almost free to go there? I'm going to Chicago in March and it's costing us almost $400 to fly there.. WTH indeed? I need to get closer to the people that I spend a fortune on going to see, imagine how rich I'd be if I lived closer to family and friends?
8. Why is it so hard for me to lose weight? I'm at the same weight as I was last May.. pathetic!! I definitely feel better about myself and I know that my size has gone down, but my body cannot be happy and settled at this weight. I am doing all the right things so it makes no sense.
9. Why is it so hard for the clinic I go to to find a decent NP to do my fills?? True Story.. I walked in yesterday to get a fill. The woman that nearly murdered my belly last time was there, I got nervous..
she looked at my weight and said, "Oh good, you've lost 12 lbs since you were here last in November", and I said, "that's not right, according to my calculations, I've lost 6", "no, 12".. me: "hmmm, do you need a calculator?" her: "oh, you are right, 5.8".. WTF?? how do you get confused between 12 and 6 lbs?? Then, she proceeds to again try to find my port and I'm pretty sure after the digging, she just gave up and pretended that she filled me! I need to switch drs. The one that Jenn and Elizabeth are going to accepts my insurance but I'd have to pay $500 to switch. I know that it would be worth it but I just need to convince my miser husband to let me spend the money.
10. Why is it so hard for me to blog and not post a picture of my little munchkin? B/C he makes everything better and why not end on a good note! he's been sick with a cold and bronchitis but I think he's finally turning the corner!!
Ok, rant over.
Do you have things that beg the question "why is it so hard" in your life? or is it just me?? (please let it not just be me!)
xo,
js
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh dude - I'd have WAAAAAAAAAAY more than 10. Chin up!
ReplyDeleteJust go ahead spend the $$$ and switch doctors and when he asked why you did it just tell him that you guys talked about it the other night while he was watching the game. Maybe that will cure him of zoning out on you while watching the game.
ReplyDeleteI love this theme "why is it so hard???" Sometimes it just feels that way about EVERYTHING right? I hope you have a great weekend to make up for it!
ReplyDeletePS - I'm with AJ, "but honey, we talked about it during the game!"
man....if I had a dime for every dish I wake up to in the sink I would be rich...my hubby can't put dishes in the dishwasher to save his life! I hate waking up to a messy kitchen..which is why I clean it before bed everynight..but then hubby decides to midnight snack and leave crumbs and dishes everywhere..let alone sticky fridge handles...ughh...I could go on and on about the messy house that I feel I am always picking up around. I am looking forward to hanging out and having some me time...I think we both need it! hugs my little bandita!
ReplyDeletelovely lady it is not just you!
ReplyDelete1. men are dishwasher challenged - Its up to us mamas to break the cycle by teaching our man children how to load and unload... its a work in progress
2. My husband has taught the boys to also glaze over - its a few hours of me time - your babys time will come..
3. Yes! All work blows!!!
4. All old people drive slow - especially Canadian snowbirds - its from years of having their joints and brains frozen.
5. sorry - Im a # 5 but I work... :(
6. work sucks!
7. I have no sympathy - just the taxes to fly to the US from Canada are $400.00... ;P - LOL
8. Im struggling too - I lost too but not enough... maybe we should start an international struggle text line... Im here for you pretty lady!!!
9. You cant fix stupid... I have often thought that they have pretending to give me a fill because they couldn't find my port. I request a specific nurse now as she seems to know what she is doing.
10. You must share pics of him because he is soooooooooo darn cute - I need to fly there just so I can squeeze him!
I am eating almost nothing and my weight remains the same - I have not gained what I have lost but Im at a standstill. Everything I do lately seems to require 3x the effort that it usually does... I always chalk it up to the -25 temperatures and the lack of sun but maybe its just a general metabolic melancholy that effects bandsters that have been spinning their wheels and not going anywhere for far too long??? Im with you - its not just you... I hope that makes you feel better... xoxox
Ugh...sounds like you're dealing with a lot of crapola at the moment. But your kiddo is still adorable! I think it's worth the money to switch. Get this band workin' FOR you! ((HUGS))
ReplyDelete