Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Swimming, Circuses and Vacation Readiness!!!

Hey all!  Hope you had a great weekend and are gearing up for the 4th! It's again hotter than balls here but it's supposed to cool down into the high 90s tomorrow!  And Rain!! Honestly won't complain about that!
We have a few plans for the 4th - our friends are staycationing at the Fairmont Princess which is about a mile from our house so we are going to head over there for some swimming and then we always spend the 4th with the H family so we'll head over there as well!  Hoping the rain stays away for part of the day but since it's in the middle of the week and on a work night, I'm not sure how much of the fireworks we'll see this year!  I think the majority of places are doing something tonight instead of tomorrow night so maybe we'll catch a glimpse from our backyard b/c we have a lot of resorts around us that usually light up the sky!

Don't think I mentioned it last time I blogged, but Mac is in swim class. The first class he took was a little iffy.. he literally screamed every time the instructor would go near him!  We practiced a little at home last week and I'm telling you, after one week, he's going to give Michael Phelps a run for the gold!! (Maybe in like 19 years or so!! ) he loves it now! Thankfully, our pool is super warm right now so we are spending LOTS of time in it!

The circus was in town this weekend.  After going on Sunday, I've decided that I'm not sure I remember ever being to the circus before!!  I thought I had but maybe that was just a "Water for Elephants" Flashback... Mac LOVED it!  It could have gone either way and we sat down and as soon as that music started and the clowns started dancing in front of us, he started dancing and moving his arms up and down like a maniac!! I think the best part of the circus for me was just watching Mac enjoy it and especially Kennedy's little eyes light up at all the sights!!  I don't have any pictures on my phone but really don't have much since Brandon proved my theory that no man should ever be armed with the camera!! He took a picture of me, Tim and Mac from his seat looking up at us.. Um.. not a flattering shot at all. No worries, that one got deleted quickly.  

I'm doing really good on my workouts!  Last week, I did Yoga, Pilates 2x, and Hydro Training!  I gotta tell you, I may not be good at a whole lot of things, but I OWNED Hydro Training (could have been that I was almost the youngest person there and I was lapping those seniors like no  ones business) I think it may be my new favorite exercise! I'm going again tomorrow morning and then again on Saturday!!  I have BIG plans for this week's workouts: 

Monday - Yoga (check) 
Tuesday - happy hour.. what? lifting a beer bottle is just like working out! 
Wednesday - Hydro Training
Thursday - Pilates
Saturday - Hydro Training 
Sunday - big walk 

We are heading to Michigan next week and I seriously can't stand the wait!! I keep thinking it's this week so it's making it much worse that I still have to work every day until next Thursday!  I'm ready to pack and go now! 

Have a great 4th!!!  

2 comments:

  1. awwww...sounds like you're having so much fun. That was an awesome pic of you in the pool! You're lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad he wasn't afraid of the clowns...those creepy fellas! Hope you have a fabulous trip...you are rocking the exercise!

    ReplyDelete