
1. Dear Self: listen, you could write a whole blog about this, but for now, let's start working on growing a backbone. Quit allowing yourself to be continuously taken advantage of by people who only care about themselves. You are a good friend and if people can't see that or appreciate that, then you need to let them go. Quit allowing for it to be ok for people to walk all over you and treat you less than you deserve to be treated. And while you are at it, quite committing to things you don't want to do just to please people. Because, in the end, it only makes you miserable. Oh, and keep wearing stripes, they look good on you!
2. Dear Etsy/Groupon/Living Social Addict (that would be ME): ENOUGH! You don't need three different pairs of the same earrings in different colors. You don't need to go to 5 different places for Pilates. 1 is enough!! Mac has plenty of monogrammed shirts and PLENTY of "1" shirts for his multiple birthday parties! (oopsie, just bought another Groupon for 2 classes to the Dailey Method! WOO!)
3. Dear Arizona - why must we keep discussing this?? Are you envious of Florida's humidity? b/c you need to make a choice, hot and dry or hot and humid?? If I had to choose one, lets go with Dry.
4. Dear Mac, please stop growing! I can't believe you are going to be 1 a week from today. You are most likely going to be our only "baby" ever so please slow down time. BTW, you looked super cute on the 4th of July!
Dear Blog Friends: I hope you all had a good 4th of July and a great upcoming weekend!
xo,js




Sorry Mother Nature can't make up her mind. I am MISERABLE today. it is too darn humid. I am So ready for Chicago at the end of september. I need cool weather! enjoy that sweet little man while he is so baby cuddly. I miss that with Sarah. Next thing I know she will be driving!!
ReplyDeleteyou look good in blue too! ahhh I miss johnny being 1 and smashing his whole face into his cake!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from the link up! I have a little guy who just turned 3 months & can't believe how fast these past few months went! :) I'm a people pleaser too. When you find what works, please let me know! :) Have agreat weekend!
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday the 13th Birthday to Mac!!!! We share a birthday!
ReplyDeleteI'm so hooked on Groupon. I feel your pain! I've recently found ones for a butcher shop and Studio Movie Grill (my favorite place in the whole wide world). Groupon can be our crack, its cheaper, right?!
ReplyDeleteyou DO look good in stripes! And that Mac! I could just squish him!
ReplyDelete#1 - I think all women do that! Ugh - good luck with that. And you DO look great in stripes.
ReplyDeleteI'll sign the petition for the AZ humidity thing. WTF is with this??
ReplyDeleteMac is too cute. You ARE too good of a person to allow yourself to be walked all over and you can never have too many yoga classes! :)
I busted out laughing about the 3(or was it five) different pair of earrings in different colors. I can so relate!(I've even done it with clotghes! lol)
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed reading and I look forward to meeting you in Chicago.
Sandra
Thanks Jen regarding the compliment on my shoes! :) I'm going to enjoy looking over your blog and reading about your journey. Beautiful blog - love all the pictures! And Mac is adorable!!
ReplyDelete