I've been horribly absent from my blog the past several weeks but I'm BACK!!
We were on vacation in Michigan for a week and then we were whooping it up for about two weeks, celebrating Mac's birthday.. so, unfortunately for you, you are about to get photoBOMBED!!!
Vacation was good. Gone are the days though where a vacation is relaxing for this mama. Mac was sick with some sort of stomach bug the first couple of days we were there and then he became the world's clingiest child!! Would not go to anyone but me.. it was a little overwhelming for him to be around all these people who are his family but he doesn't know too well b/c he doesn't see them that often!! Overall, it was a good trip and we did some fun things!
- Went on LOTS of walks in the stroller and Wagon (and spent some time with Nana and Chief)
- Went to Mackinac Island for the day
- Went on the boat a couple of times and one day spent over at a little area on the lake called North Fishtail, where we all swam and celebrated my cousin Karen's life by spreading some of her ashes at one of her favorite spots! We then lit up a MSU sky lantern and let it loose.. so beautiful!
- Bonfires
- and Birthday Parties!! ( a few of my girlfriends from Chicago came up for the day to help celebrate. As usual, it was just what I needed!!)
We got back from Michigan last weekend and it was full force into getting ready for Birthday Party #2. I have to admit that I went a little overboard but in my defense when am I going to be able to do another 1st birthday party again?? We did a baseball theme and rented a hot dog machine, had a popcorn and cotton candy machine and then served all ball-park foods. It was really more for the adults but a really really good time was had by all!! My bestie Shannon came in for this party as well and then our good friends Angela, Ian and Delaney came in from LA. SO MUCH FUN!!!
Gotta admit though, I'm so glad it's all over and we are back to normal!!! Now, I have Cabo and BOOBs to look forward to!
Speaking of boobs, so excited for the challenge! For some reason, when I have a challenge to focus on, I tend to do well in the weight loss department.. maybe I should just tell myself all the time that I'm in a challenge, b/c kind of technically, I am! I lost 3.7 for the first week. I know it's mainly stopping eating that I was doing while on vacation, but I did try to pay attention to everything that I was putting in my mouth. WE will see how I do next week now that I'm back in the daily grind.
My working out while on vacation was virtually non-existent!! I maybe walked twice and then we did what we call the "Big Swim" we do it everytime we are up there. Basically, we swim from a cottage that is on one side of the lake to the point of an island on the other.. we have no idea how far it is but it's a challenge. We did it in 42 minutes this year which is pretty good! I didn't feel like I was going to die!! SCORE!
Don't mind how bad we look, it was 7:30 in the morning!!!
The tip of the island we swam to.. this is a picture of our starting point.
Overall, really good couple of weeks! Have missed you all and have been trying to catch up!
One last pic! I put on my "skinny" jeans today and had to take a pic, b/c I love the way my legs are shaping up! don't mind that messy room or the bad lighting.. I'm just happy when I see myself in a not so negative light every now and again. I know I have LONG way to go, but I'll keep on keeping on!
xo,js
***sorry for all the photos!!! Thanks for staying with me!***























Sounds like a great vacation. Keep up the good work...you are looking good. Mac is such a cutie.
ReplyDeleteYou look great!!!
ReplyDeleteMac is beautiful! And you don't look too bad yourself!Looks like you had a great vacation.
ReplyDeleteCute birthday party!!! Love the theme. ;) Looks like you had a fun trip. Yay.
ReplyDeleteYou really are looking great!! Seems like a great vacay and birthday was had by all. We have a similar pic of our son covered in cake...now he's 9!!! Like yesterday, I tell ya!
ReplyDeleteLove all the photos and what a marathon swim. Serious NSV in my opinion
ReplyDeletewhat a cute bday theme and party. I'm not sure I could have resisted all of the ballpark food though!!
ReplyDeleteYou look awesome! I was so glad to see you and meet your lil man and to finally see you as a momma. You rock! Can't wait to see you soon!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you
Sounds like you had a great vacation. I used to go visit my best friend in East Lansing every year until she moved to Florida. It's beautiful up there.
ReplyDeleteThe birthday party looked so cute!!!
Good luck with the challenge and can't wait to meet you!
hey Jen, drop me an email: amylile at yahoo dot com and I'll forward you the flight info for me and Kelli for Chicago. Leaving Fri AM from Phx and Leaving Chicago early afternoon on Sunday. We have an empty seat between us on both flights (we're sneaky like that). :)
ReplyDeletelooking HOT in your skinny jeans! love the pics!
ReplyDeleteOne, your legs look great. Two (and I know I've told you this before) but you have a million watt smile that I love and 3) your little boy is a cutie pie!! Glad you had a great vacation!
ReplyDelete