2. Of course, now that I'm on a spending hiatus, I need some things.. like some new sports bras. No lie, I think the sports bras I have are from circa 1996.. seriously. They are literally hanging by a thread or a misshapen hook if you will.. but, I
3. Part of my spending hiatus also has to do with the fact that I want to save save save these days. For what? nothing in particular, just want to keep building our savings.. we do have a lot coming up that will probably require dipping into the savings so better to have it there than freak out that we don't.
4. I'm going to my parents house in Michigan in less than a month and I can't take the wait!! We will be there for 6 glorious days!! We are celebrating Mac's 1st birthday there and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some of my girls from Chicago are going to be able to make it up there the first weekend we are there to help us celebrate. We are also getting him baptized while we are there as well. Lots of fun packed into those 6 days. Just excited to get away from this heat and be with my family. I also can't wait to introduce him to the things that I love about being Up North!! (even if he doesn't really remember much now!)
5. The weekend after we get back, we are having Mac's big 1st birthday extravaganza here in AZ. I'm going to admit, that I'm going a little bit overboard, but how many times does the little guy turn 1! Total Baseball theme (big shocker I know) including ball park food (hotdog machine, popcorn machine and cotton candy) Invites were sent out yesterday so there's no turning back now!! I have a couple of girlfriends who are coming into town for it which is a huge bonus as well!
6. I have a big Endocrinology appointment tomorrow. I've had Thyroid issues for a little over 12 years now and have Hashimoto's which I know is pretty common along with it. I'm getting an ultrasound done on my thyroid and I recently had a full blood work-up so it'll be nice to see where I'm at with everything. I'm definitely hoping that they up my meds since I've been on the same dosage for several years and I can always tell when I need more.. and I need more. I'm also hoping that their workup included some hormone level testing so that we can talk about the "pause" that I'm in the throes of. Would be good to just start feeling great again!
7. I made an appointment with the lapband doc for next week. Excited to go in and see how I'm doing and get some motivation to keep going downward. B/C lord knows I haven't had the motivation this week!!! MUST.GET.BETTER!!!!
8. When Amanda and Jenn and I got together the other day, we were talking about our favorite blogs. It was hard to come up with a few b/c I love reading so many and there are so many people I connect with. BUT, I would definitely say that my most recent favorite blog is a blog that has nothing to do with weight loss at all. It's "Enjoying the Simple Things" and you can find it here. Thanks to Michelle for introducing me to this AMAZING woman. I'm also reading her book, "Bloom" and don't want it to end. Plus, right now she's vacationing in Michigan and it's bringing up all the little things I love about "Pure Michigan"!
9. Work is overwhelming (maybe not so OVER but just a little whelming (thanks for the new work Amanda!!) but I don't want to go there on this post.. mainly people are just driving me bananas.
10. I can't believe I came up with 9 things to say.. I hate that I talk so much about myself (I'm definitely not someone who really enjoys talking about themselves or making themselves the center of attention) but I guess that's what these blogs are for. I'll leave you with a pic of my little munchkin who turned 11 months old yesterday! WOW!! Where did the time go? I couldn't believe it when Sarah posted that today was little Liam's first birthday! Happy birthday big guy!!!
xo,js


as usual I post "He is so darn cute" and I hear you on the clothes thing...I don't want to buy anything until I am done with my "stages" of clothes...that would be until I hit size 16....in a 18 right now. First birthdays are the best---hope you get lots of great pics!
ReplyDeleteAwww... thanks Jen. Yes, I need to get WAY better about blogging... I'll admit I am struggling in that realm a bit, but really need to refocus! Enjoy the first birthday, and with your first one you TOTALLY have to go all out!!! Can't wait for the pictures!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie pie!!! 1st birthday's are fun and they just keep getting better! Enjoy every minute. It was yesterday for me (but in reality 9 years ago!)
ReplyDeleteI need to revamp my wardrobe a bit. I have a HUGE closet and I feel the need to fill it! Lots going on in the next month or so for you! I'll definitely be checking out that blog. Have a great weekend sweetie!
ReplyDeleteI am so with you on the Shopaholic thang! LOL
ReplyDeleteI need to follow your advice.
Your little guy is precious and his b-day sounds like a blast will be had by all!
I can't wait to meet you!