People, I'm in a slump. A weight loss slump. I'm losing my mind with this plateau!!! And the sad thing is, I've got no one to blame but myself. I have only been doing Pilates 3x a week for the past few weeks and that's it.. no cardio, no nothing.. while my body is definitely getting leaner, I've seen nothing move on the scale, nada, zip... I knew I would jinx myself by putting that damn ticker up!!!
So, I need some motivation! Where will it come from, I don't know!! I gotta do something. If only for my mental health. I want to start swimming at the gym, just need to make it work with our schedules at home. I don't want to miss Mac's bedtime every night but also don't want to go after b/c then I get home too late.. it's a quandary, I tell ya!
So, I started yesterday with the getting off sugar thing again. I figure I can control that even if I feel like I'm going to lose it (tad exagerative? yes! but that's how I roll!) and I know it works to get the scale moving!
My endo appointment went pretty well for the most part. She didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.. my thyroid levels are up even after 7 weeks of consistent medication. Funny thing is that she had written down that they had prescribed me 75mcgs of Synthroid (which is what I've been supposedly taking for 7 weeks) and decided since that wasn't really working for me, she gave me a new prescription for 88mcgs.. I went home that night and looked at my sample packs that I had been taking and they were indeed the 125mcgs that I thought I had been on.. so I emailed her (with a picture) and told her that her notes were wrong and felt it would be counter-intuitive for me to take a lower dosage when the higher dosage wasn't working either.. so we shall see what she says. For now, I still have some of the 125s left so I'm taking those. I do feel a little more energy and my thyroid is about 2 points over what normal is so it's definitely better. They did an ultrasound and didn't find anything wonky so they'll do another one in a year.
Tim's first father's day was good.
We had a good weekend and just really chilled with Mac. We went to the Lifetime pool, which made for some interesting people watching. Mac starts swim lessons next week with his dad (mom is a little too neurotic to do swim lessons!) so hopefully he'll become a little fish in no time. Overall, life is pretty darn good.. now if I could only get the weight loss portion of my life to be good!! Remember when we used to do challenges?? I need another one of those!! :) I'll volunteer to host one if you guys agree to pass on the information?? what say you??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I know how frustrating a plateau can be.....
ReplyDeletesince the swim thing is not really conducive to your schedule, why don't you just add in 20 mins. of cardio (dancing, dvd, a youtube exercise workout) two times a week. You will still get your pilates in and those additional two small sessions on other days may be just enough to move things along??? ( i know it's not the same as swimming but it still burns calories)
just an idea.....
Maybe commit to only missing bed time twice a week and maybe you can miss dinner a couple times? That's my plan. Make early dinner for girls and take off as soon as Hubby gets home. You start a challenge and not only will I get the word out, I may even participate! I've never done one before...
ReplyDeleteI like Mandas idea to just miss a few...try just one to start :)
ReplyDeleteI have also heard of other banders doing the 5 day pouch test...maybe you would be interested in doing that, I have heard it really jump starts the weight http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html
It is so hard to juggle family, work and working out! You have to take time for yourself, because it is so important. Working that part out can be tough.
ReplyDeleteI hope you can find the time that works for your family.
He is the most beautiful little boy, what a cutie!
I am up for a challenge anytime. :)
Ill participate!
ReplyDelete