Monday, August 29, 2011

Reunited, and it feels so.....different?

Hi all, well, today I went in to my lapband doctor for the first time since December 3rd!! 

There was a new Dr there b/c apparently my normal doc is about a week away from having a baby herself!  I really liked the new doctor and am glad to see they have additional help there b/c normally it takes forever once you get into the office.

Once she reviewed my history and we discussed my current situation, she decided to check my fill level to make sure nothing had disappeard in the 9 months since I was last adjusted.  All 4cc were there so we decided to add a cc and then I'll go back in a few weeks for another fill and we'll just keep adjusting until I get up to where I was pre-Mac..  I'm excited. She's pretty aggressive and since I've never had any issues with being overfilled or anything, she's willing to give me good size fills until I get to the green zone.  I thought for sure she'd have an issue finding my port since things have gotten a little jumbled up in that area, but she was up for the challenge and found it in no time. So, me and Antonio (Band-eras) are officially reunited!!

Meanwhile, not a whole heck of a lot else going on here!!  It's hotter than balls here and it's pretty much making everyone miserable.. I was finally given the all clear from my OB to be able to start working out and get in the pool and I've taken advantage of both clearances!! I started my 1/2 marathon training last week again.. my body is clearly going to take some time to get back to where it was pre-baby.. my hips were killing me the entire 5+ miles we walked on Sunday am..  add to the fact it was 100 degrees at 6:00 am when we started, it was pretty pathetic.. OH, and add to that that I had gone out for "mom's night out" with some girlfriends the night before and drank about a bottle of wine, ooooof, I was a mess!!!  Surprisingly, I can walk today and have a little pain in my hips and back..  I'll get there, it'll just hurt while getting there!!

My sister in Law, Beth came for a short weekend last week and it was wonderful to have her!!  She helped us out soo much, made like 10 meals for us to freeze and have at a later date and just held Mac and let me come and go as I pleased (like going out to get a pedi!) I've always loved and appreciated Beth and knew how lucky I was that she came into our family, but I realized so much more how important she is when she was here!  We really had never gotten a chance to spend any one on one time together... LOVE HER!!

Mac is great!  He's going through a little 6-7 week fussy phase.. but it's truly not that bad. HE just seems a little overly grumpy.  I keep chalking it up to the heat as well, b/c that sure has made me grumps!! He is still keeping a pretty busy social schedule still.. lots of lunches and visitors! We are headed up to Northern Michigan next Friday for a little over a week! HOpefully, the change in weather and some quality time with his Nana and Chief will work wonders for both of our moods!!

I head back to work on October 6th and I can honestly say, I"m not looking forward to it. At week 2, when I was so overwhelmed with being a new mom and just tired, I couldn't wait to get back to work.. but now that it's looming closer and closer and I've been having such a nice time connecting with Mac and my girlfriends, I'm going to be sad to see all this freedom go away!  I will be glad to get back to the people I work with b/c I do miss them, even though I see a few of them quite frequently!

Ok, I've rambled on too much!!!  Here are some new pics of Macadoo! Hope you are all well!

checking out his SMILE!!!

Getting ready for his 1st swim in the pool!
xo,js

11 comments:

  1. what a cutie pie he is! glad all is well and you are getting right back to exercise and eating as a bandster.
    I hope those lbs. just fall right off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to have a great SIL, isn't it? Ironically, mine is named Beth too! Your little man is adorable- enjoy these last weeks, they go by so fast!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness he is a cute one!!

    Alright, so you walked five miles after drinking a bottle of wine! You deserve credit there!! I would be hurting for a day!

    I love wine! :)

    Good luck with the new doc! She sounds like a keeper for sure! I like aggressive docs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. cutie patootie! This heat is killing me...so ready to be done with summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see Antonia is still in tact! Mac is so cute, I mean it - just so stinkin' cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, that baby is adorable. Welcome back to bandland! (I know you haven't really left, but you knwo what I mean...) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen, I'm a new follower, and can tell you that you have the sweetest little fellow ever there!! Congratulations on your little Mac! Looking forward to following you through your journey!
    dede

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is just beautiful. I wish I could smell his sweet little head! Man I love babies. :)

    ReplyDelete