Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Couple Steps Forward and One Step Back... and the survey everyone else is doing!

Hi All!! 
Trying to keep up to date on Blogger with a 3 week old is exhausting!!  I find myself reading blogs late at night or during Mac's meals.. usually on my phone with one hand!! So, I try to comment, but it's hard!!!

We are doing well.. Mac is growing like a weed!  He's 3 weeks today and I already can't imagine what my life was like 3 weeks ago!!  I am introducing him to a very busy social schedule!! We have lots of lunches and visits from friends.  Thank god for my friend Michelle who has been soo helpful in keeping us busy and entertained and just there when I need some mom advice! 

I, unfortunately, have an infection in my c-section incision, which completely blows...  it's so gross. I'm on heavy antibiotics and am keeping everything crossed that when I go in for a follow-up on Friday, I don't get sent directly to the hospital to get things taken care of..  that would not be good b/c there would be a chance I would have stay overnight.  So, please think good thoughts!! 

I just booked a ticket for Mac and me to Michigan in September and can't wait!! It'll be nice to get away from this ridiculous heat we are experiencing here!!! Today it was 115 and boiling!!!  What I wouldn't give to get in the pool right now!! 

So, since everyone else is doing it, I thought I would do the fun little survey going around...



1. What is your occupation right now ?


I am currently staying at home as a mom for the next 9 weeks, but on October 6th, I go back to my regular job as a Senior Assistant to the VP of Marketing of a Pharmaceutical Company.. not what I went to school for but I LOVE my job.. I get paid very well as an assistant and my boss completely rocks.
2.What color are your socks right now?

I live in Az..  no socks required!!


3. What are you listening to right now?

SYTYCD on TV.. husband rambling about something behind me..

4. What was the last thing that you ate?

bacon and eggs.. Breakfast was for dinner!

5. Can you drive a stick shift?

yep, I learned to drive on a stick.. and had several in my life..


6. Last person you spoke to on the phone?

my mom.. we talk everyday now!!

7. Do you like the person you stole this blog from?

yes! 

8. How old are you today?

39...  40 is quickly approaching in about 2 months!!! YIKES!!!

9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV?

College Football and BBall


10. What is your favorite drink?

water, diet coke, Iced Tea and BEER!

11. Have you ever dyed your hair?

um yeah.. the jury is out on what my natural color is these days!!!


12. Favorite food?

Buffalo Chicken wings.. or just put buffalo sauce on anything and I'll eat it!!

13. What is the last movie you watched?

We saw "Friends with Benefits" this weekend... totally LAME!!!


14. Favorite day of the year?

I used to love, love, love my birthday but now I just spend the entire month celebrating!! So, i would say my favorite day has always been Thanksgiving!!  It's such a low-key, chill holiday and you don't have to have crazy expectations!

15. How do you vent anger?

Oh, I'm a yeller..

16. What was your favorite toy as a child?

Barbies for sure

17. What is your favorite season?

I love Fall, but since we live in AZ and don't really get a fall, I'd say Winter in AZ b/c it's more fall-like than winter-like!!!

18. Cherries or Blueberries?
I love Cherries when I'm in Michigan.
When I was preggers, I ate blueberry everything and LOVED them!!

19. Do you want your friends to blog this survey?

I think pretty much everyone has already!

20. Where is you favorite place to escape?

I like me some pedis or the movies!!

21. Favorite Tv Show?

now is not a good time to ask me b/c I'm currently watching a LOT of TV!!!  I love Reality and my current fave is Big Brother.. I do love Flipping Out and the Housewives shows too!


22. Living arrangements?

Live in N. Scottsdale with my hubs, the beags and my kiddo!


23. When was the last time you cried?

when haven't I cried?? I cry a lot thanks to these crazy hormones!!!


24. What is on the floor of your closet?

carpet and some laundry baskets


25. Who is the friend you have had the longest?

my friend Sandra and I met in 2nd grade and still talk sometimes!!! 


26. What did you do last night?

hmmm, I have  3 week old..  I slept, fed, slept, fed...

27. What are you most afraid of?

snakes

28. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?

cheeseburger

29. Favorite dog breed?

I have two beagles so I guess I'd say Beags.

30. Favorite day of the week?

Friday

31. How many states have you lived in?

Michigan, California, Mississippi, Illinois, Minnesota, Arizona and then one country - Germany
32. Diamonds or pearls?

Diamonds

33. What is your favorite flower?

Peonies!

6 comments:

  1. SO SORRY about the infection - that does totally blow! I am glad that Mac is doing well though and that otherwise you are adjusting to motherhood! I love lunching with Liam, but haven't gotten to do it much lately! I am heading back (boo!) to work in about 3 weeks... ugh. Today is our weight check for Liam - I will be interested to see how big he is getting! Hang in there... And just so you have some light in your tunnel, Liam slept 5.5 hours tonight! Although I have now been awake since 3:00 AM since that threw me off completely (LOL)... So, what else to do but blog?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I am so sorry about your infection. Crystal had the same thing and ended up getting MRSA! This happened in the first few days after deilvery. They put her in the hospital for 5 days. I will be praying for you. Next time I am in Phoenix, I will call so I can see you and Mac! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ick-- sorry about your infection! I hope everything is clearing up nicely and you aren't pulled away from home for a night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Sorry about the infection, but YEAH for Mac growing well and you transitioning so well into motherhood. Sounds like you are all doing really well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, the infection blows. My doctor made me dry my incision with a hair dryer on cool setting every time I got out of the shower, which I think helped. I did start an infection with one of the sections, but they put me on an antibiotic and it cleared up. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, my dear. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. jennifer, this is sandra! we had so much fun visiting her.

    ReplyDelete