Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Getting Back in the Game..

hey all! 

well, here I am 5 weeks PM (post Mac) and I'm ready, I'm ready to commit myself to getting back in the band game.. every time I look at myself, I reminded of where I came from a year ago... I'm not loving the way I look right now. I know that I just had a child 5 weeks ago, but it's tough seeing yourself having gained almost 1/2 of the weight you had previously lost back..  so, I'm ready to be that Jen again and keep moving down the scale!!  I started last night with a really really slow 2.5 mile walk and today I feel like I ran a 1/2 marathon!!!  My whole body just aches!!  Going back out again this evening when Timmy gets home and have a plan to keep on walking until next week when hopefully my dr. gives me the all clear to start really working out again.  I'm re-joining Lifetime next week and I have a plan to do a couple of classes each week with Michelle and then start some training sessions again with Kathi.. 

Speaking of 1/2 marathons..  I'm doing the Women's 1/2 again this year.  This is one that I walked with the Jens last year.  We're supposed to have started our training this past weekend, but since I was dealing with the infection and all, we are a week behind..  that's part of my motivation to get moving again!!  Can't let my girls down!!

Went to the dr again today to check on the status of my incision infection and looks like it's almost all cleared up!!  Unfortunatly, the anitbiotics have caused a yeast infection which is somewhat unpleasant but hopefully that will all be cleared up by next week's visit!  (sorry for the TMI!)  So, I go back next week for my 6 week post-partum visit.  Crazy to think that I've been going to the dr. every week for the past almost 3 months.. I don't know what I'll (or they'll) do without seeing me every week!!!

I'm planning on making an appointment with my band dr. as soon as I see my OB/Gyn next week.  I do have some restriction lately so that's a good thing, but honestly, it comes and goes and it needs to be here to stay!!!

I'll leave you with some new pics of Mac!   Hope you are all doing well!!!  xo,js


Mac at his ped appointment! He's up to 10 lbs 13 oz and has grown 2 inches since birth!!!

Love those chubby cheeks!!!

Too cool for school!

Mac pointing out the flamingoes on his first trip the zoo, which BTW was a horrible idea since it was 300 degrees!! Maybe we'll go back during the zoo lights at Christmas!! maybe.. 

4 comments:

  1. Not only do I love the chubby cheeks, I love the chin dimple. He's got it all!
    Love, AJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I want to bite those cheekies! He is so cute, I am so happy for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to the zoo at all this summer. It's so freakin' hot! Your son is just too cute! I could eat him up...but I won't...I promise....maybe just a finger or toe or something...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear I had a great comment about you getting back to it, but I'm completely distracted by that adorable boy! OMG! How cute is he?

    ReplyDelete