Monday, May 30, 2011

Shower, Blogger Issues and heading into the home stretch!

Hey all, Happy Memorial Day!!! Hope you are all enjoying your 3 day weekend, if you get one!!!  We have had a really nice, very low-key weekend and it's been awesome!!  I've seen two movies  - Hangover II and Bridesmaids. Both were funny, but Hangover was so much like the first one that it wasn't nearly as funny or shocking. Bridesmaids made me laugh so hard I cried and almost peed my pants at times..  which isn't that hard to do these days since I seem to have quite a loose bladder!!! :)

So, Blogger seems to be a pain in the ass for quite a few of us here!!  I still can't comment unless I'm reading blogs from my phone.  And, while I wish that the reason I only got one comment on my last blog was due to the comment issue,I know it wasn't!!! I've come to the realization that I'm just not an avid blogger anymore and just don't have that connection with people that a lot of you do.. add to the fact that the majority of the peeps I follow are lap-banders and right now, well, we know that I don't have much to say about the weight loss front these days..  and really all I have is this baby stuff going on..  oh well, such is life.  I'll keep reading and doing blogs as I have something to say and if people read, they read, if not.. whatyougonnado?

Speaking of lap bands..  seems like while mine seemed to take a hiatus for awhile, my restriction is back!!  Last week, I attempted to eat a sandwich on two seperate occasions and got completely stuck and actually PBd.  I think it's probably b/c baby boy is running out of room and might be putting some pressure on the band. It's not bad enough that I need to go in and get completely filled and I'm still getting in most foods no problem, just have noticed it quite a bit lately! AND, my weight gain has subsided as well, which is fantastic, since I'm up about 40lbs..  which blows!!

Baby is good.. went in for my growth ultrasound this week and he's estimated at 5.5lbs already so he's right on track.  The ultrasound tech even showed me that he's already got quite a bit of hair which is hilarious.. we always knew the poor kid is genetically predisposed to having lots of hair, being short and chubby so that was just a little confirmation!!!  Otherwise, my pregnancy has been remarkably problem free - just have the usual hip pain, lack of sleep and waddle going on still!!!  Only 5 more weeks until I'm due!! CRAZY!!!


My shower was last weekend and it was nothing short of fabulous.  The hostesses, Michelle and Joy went completely overboard and really outdid themselves!! My mom came to town as well as my friend Angela and her little one Delaney.. it was a fun girls weekend... I'll leave you with some pics!! 


Cute Invites!!

Me and Michelle - the creative hostess!!


Mom and Me!


girlfriends from work!!


Lisa and Kelly


Yummy Cake and DONUTS!!! 


3 comments:

  1. You look great! And you have like a jillion friends who do all these great showers for you!! Glad you're being pampered.

    Sorry about the hip pain and other pregnancy-related ailments. No fun, but they will magically disappear once that little boy of yours makes his entrance. In the meantime, get plenty of rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics, you are GLOWING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on not getting many comments... we're in a place that a lot of others aren't! I'll be glad to start posting again about band-related issues post-baby, but for now, getting this kiddo out is what I need to do ASAP! So uncomfortable... oh well! Comes with the territory I guess. Hang in there - I'm at about 40 pounds too... just got my re-fill scheduled for early August, which I am VERY excited about! Ready to start moving this weight OFF...

    ReplyDelete