Ay yi yi.. I'm such a neglectful blogger. I hate it!!
Work has been incredibly busy lately. Mainly b/c I'm training my temp replacement who will be here when I go on Maternity leave. It's exhausting to spend 8+hours talking!! Plus, poor girl gets me at my most flightly.. I'm all over the place!! I start one conversation and end up talking about the most random things! I went home last night and probably had the best night of sleep I've had in months.. just from all the talking and walking I did yesterday!! hmmmm.. maybe I should keep this habit up.. will get more sleep!!
Anyways, what else is going on?? My shower is this weekend and I'm so excited! Feels like it's been on the books forever!! My mom is coming into town on Thursday and I could not be more happy to have her be here! My friend Angela is also coming to town as well so it'll be a full house. Lots of fun!! AND, my girlfriends at work are throwing me a "Open House" in a couple of weeks as well for my work peeps. I do not for a minute not realize how lucky I am to have such great friends!!!
So, last week, 7 of my co-workers and I volunteered at a homeless shelter. Why, you ask, would a 8 1/2 month preggo volunteer to organize a volunteer event where we would be feeding the homeless? Good question!! Not sure what I was thinking but it was so fun and rewarding! AND exhausting!!! My body ached for days. Luckily my friends asked the coordinator to make sure I had a seated job while there, but that didn't stop me from sweeping floors, mopping floors, chopping vegetables, manning the food processor.. I just don't know how to stop!! Like I said, it was super fun and we are hoping to organize more of these types of events for our departments to do as a group. My company gives everyone 8 hours of philanthropic time a year so there is no reason to not do it! I'll leave you with some pics of the event!
hope you are all doing well!!
xo,js
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad you are doing well! And keeping busy, you look great :)
ReplyDelete