Friday, May 6, 2011

Old Pants, New Pants, Khaki Pants, Blue Pants...

So, I'm finding that my pants situation has really taken a turn for the worse as I round out the last 8 weeks (8 weeks?? Holy SHIT!!!) of this pregnancy..  Early on, I bought a bunch of maternity jeans and while they still fit me, they are getting a little snugger.  And honestly, I'm at a point where I kind of refuse to buy any more b/c I've only got 8 weeks left..  soooooo, what's a formerly overweight girl to do??   You guessed it, dip into her old stash of pants that a year ago were swimming on her, but fortunatly, now, are only big in the legs but just right in the belly.  Part of this makes me feel bad b/c a  long time ago, I was supposed to ship these said pants to several bandsters as part of the "sisterhood" thingy and truth be told, just never got around to it.  PLUS, I did send out a TON of clothes early on and it cost a pretty penny to do that, so I was trying to watch my funds..  So, sorry to those bandsters who never got my goods, but happy day to me to find out that I have something to wear in the last stretch!!!  I'll be happy to never wear these pants again once the babe is here and I'm back to my losing again..   but for now, they'll do..

I have been thinking a lot about what will happen post-baby and I can get back on the "band" track... I hope I'm as motivated as I want to be right now.. Frankly, I'm over not being able to work out as much and I find myself wanting to walk for miles or do tons of ab work and I just can't!!!  I still work out a few days a week, but I've had a lot of problems with low pelvic pressure, that I'm a bona-fide waddler nowadays.. it's not cute!!! I'm seeing a chiropractor for the hip and back pain and that all has seemingly gone away, so now it's just the pressure down below which my dr. says to just get used to b/c it's not going anywhere until he arrives.. 

Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty good.  My allergies have been HORRIBLE this year and my sleeping has been affected, but all things considered, I've been soo lucky with this pregnancy and can't really complain about much! 

Hope you all are doing well!!

xo,js

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Jen! I am down to about 3-4 pair that fit - same problems... just found out I'm on modified bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy though, so it might end up working out for me!!! Thankfully I have sweats that will work even if I gain 40 more pounds in the next 7 weeks! Not long for either of us now... got my official c-section date today of June 27th, so at least I know when I will be officially done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting so close now! Allergy season has been particularly bad in AZ this year so I feel your pain there. Hopefully the hotter weather will kill off some of these pollen-producing trees until next year.

    ReplyDelete