I need to get it together and really focus on what I'm eating, not eat the shit that keeps ending up in front of me and really keep working out, which I've been pretty good at. Wish me luck.
Other observances lately:
- Ok, so we all know I've never been pregnant. So, we can assume I've never experienced some of the things that are happening with my body right?? So, when I bitch for a minute that I'm super exhausted b/c I get up every 1.5 hours to go to the bathroom every night, which leaves me with a total of about 5 hours of collective sleep, please don't laugh and say things like, "oh lord, you are a mess, just you wait until the baby comes and you get no sleep" or "get used to it, you won't be sleeping for the next 18 years". Instead say, "Yeah it sucks.. I remember when I was pregnant for the first time, it sucked." I swear if one more person makes light of my complaining (and it's not like I'm complaining 24/7) and seems to forget that they were pregnant for the 1st time too once, I'm going to lose my mind. I feel like telling my co-workers, "please don't ask me how I'm feeling b/c when I tell you, you are just going to smirk and make fun of me.. " And while we are on this subject, please stop telling me I "seem grouchy".. yeah, I am. Get used to it!! And I don't even want to talk about the constipation issue.
- Ok, that rant is over.. sorry, just had to bitch for a minute (or two)
- Anyone seen Black Swan? Ok, I've seen it twice now. Went again with two of my girlfriends last night.. I saw it the first time and thought "What the EFF???" and then the more I thought about it, the more I thought I liked it, so I gave it another shot.. turns out, I did not like it. After seeing it again last night, I think it's just bananas. I don't think I like it.
- There is a new show coming in February on Lifetime called "One Born Every Minute" and I'm going to force my husband to watch it. It looks like it's a reality show about babies being born and it follows the parents as they check into the hospital and prepare for delivery. It looks absolutely hilarious.. the way the wives talk to the husbands.. not a lot of happiness going on pre-delivery!
- Golden Globes are this weekend. One of my most favorite days of the year. YEah, I'm a celebrity stalker/loser.. can't help it. Always have been, always will be.
- We had our company Annual Event last weekend and it was a snoozer... normally it's so super fun, but this year, there was a wierd Mexican band and dancers that were kind of freaking people out. No DJ so people didn't get to make a fool out of themselves, causing weeks of gossip and chatter to follow.
xo,js

That sucks! If you ever need to kvetch know we're here for you!
ReplyDeleteI hate that! I'm not pregnant nor have I been but whenever I complain about being tired or anything (which I don't do often) I get the whole "wait until you have kids things". Oy. It drives me crazy.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you brought up Black Swan, and I saw it last weekend and left thinking what the hell did I just see?!? I didn't get it nor like it!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for the new lifetime show to start, I love the previews of all the disgruntled fathers forgetting to put batteries or film in their cameras.
Ah Jen... my prego band buddy!!! I am so glad I have someone to go through it with that gets the weight-gain thing! I totally understand that happens with pregnancy, but I do think we have a different perspective on it!
ReplyDeleteHang in there with the peeing and sleep... I won't lie and tell you it gets better, but it is worth it all!
That sucks! I remember when I was pregnant the first time and I was hungry all the time and crabby and tired and it just sucked. Hang in there! Gets better towards the middle.
ReplyDeleteLove me some SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!
ReplyDeleteDont worry about it...take it one day at a time. You can do this! YOU GOTS A LITTLE BABY IN THERE!
You will find plenty of compassion from me on pregnancy issues big and small. I found it to be such an odd experience that my body was no longer mine alone. (It's not like that forever, just till after you finish nursing, btw.)
ReplyDeleteYou do start peeing a lot less in the second trimester, and you get a good long break in that regard until the end. I felt pretty good in that second trimester; I hope you will too.
In my first pregnancy, I did not weigh myself. I asked my doctor to let me know if I was gaining too much, and then I turned my back on the numbers at every appointment. It helped me emotionally.
Most importantly, hang in there and ignore the "knowing" chuckles when you talk about what's happening with you. It's a big deal, it's a new experience and it shouldn't be pooh-poohed by everyone who's ever had a baby before.
Hang in there, girl. Get as much rest as you can, drink lots of water (it doesn't seem to affect the peeing either way) and bask in the knowledge that you are nourishing your child.
xoxo
First, you and I are so soul sisters. Golden Globes - FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR....followed closely by the Oscars. We may need rehab for this. ;-)
ReplyDeleteComplain all you want lady. You worked really hard to lose the weight. I'm up 10 and it pisses me off, and there is no baby in me. So you just rant rant rant love. That's what we're here for! Oh, and I'm the one who has a debate while I lay in bed and need to pee. "Do I really have to go? It's so cold. I don't want my feet to touch the floor!" So I cannot imagine having to do it multiple times!
LOVE YOU!
Vent all you want :) It will SO be worth it when you hold that bundle of joy xoxo and Stop stepping on the scale lol
ReplyDeletebelated congrats and this post made me laugh! can't say I can relate never having been pregnant, but vent away!
ReplyDeletePlease don't think I'm sadistic, but I love the commercials for One Born Every Minute when the meathead dad at the end drops his phone on his newborn. I crack up every single time, then feel really guilty for laughing.
ReplyDeleteI'm routing for you on the pregnancy front. It's a time when your body is not your own, and damn right you're going to be grouchy and complain right along with feeling the good stuff.
Bitch away! It's a small compensation for growing a human being!
ReplyDeleteI saw Black Swan - I liked it! I didn't LOOOVE it, though. Too much CG - I liked the more subtle effects.