Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I am an Athletic Supporter...

That is me these days!! Since I can't really run a marathon (ha! who am I kidding using the excuse that I'm pregnant as the reason I can't run a marathon?? You couldn't pay me to actually do that!), my friend Jen and I went out to support the other Jenn in our little crew of Jens as she completed her first marathon on Sunday (the PF Changs). Proud does not even begin to describe the feeling I felt when I saw her little self running!!!  Both Jen1 and I were really emotional for her!! I partly blame the hormones, but it's also so exciting to see a good friend complete something they trained really hard for, suffered a knee injury for, and was just generally consumed and excited for/by for months!! So, to all those runners out there, I have such admiration and respect for you!  Why you would want to run that far for that long for no other reason than pure enjoyment or determination (as opposed to being chased by a wild animal or a flaming ball of fire) boggles my mind but to each their own I guess!!! Go For it!!!

xo,js

Jen1 made some awesome signs!

Looking good around mile 16!!!


Rounding the final curve to the finish!!! 

Done and Done!!!!! 




7 comments:

  1. Amazing, congrats to your friend! She is a true superhero! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! I don't see why any sane person would do a full marathon. A 5k sure, a 10k why not, a 1/2 marathon, maybe... that's my absolute limit. I think, lol. Congrats to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an accomplishment! I am with you though....my feeling is "why run when you can drive?"

    Hope you are feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great supporter you are! Seriously, you are a great friend. I know your Jenn appreciated it very much! I did a marathon about 7 years ago...and having supporters there was HUGE. My husband ran the last mile with me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol You wouldn't catch me doing a marathon either. Its for the super sporty and that 'aint me! Good for you for hanging on the sidelines though and supporting your friend. Thats a great spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great friend to go cheer her on! I'm training for the PF Chang's half marathon for next year. Ugh. Seeing how tiny she is scares me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just FINALLY getting around to reading this, and I just wanted to say THANK YOU again! Not only did you SAVE MY LIFE by opening my tylenol packet, but seeing you and Jen1 with your signs was the best part of the whole thing. I seriously COULD NOT have done it without your support and encouragement. I mean that from the bottom of my heart...you are great friends. :)

    ReplyDelete