Friday, October 22, 2010

Reflections on my 38th Year...

Tomorrow is the 1st day of the end of my 30s...  and I gotta tell you, life is way better now than it was at the end of my 20s.. (actually everything but the fact that I met my husband when I was 28 and then got engaged at 29 and married at 30)...   We were looking at pictures the other day of about 8 years ago and we decided that we've both aged well..  I attribute most of it to Antonio but I know it's more than that. I live happily, void of much drama, surrounding myself with people that I love and that love me back. I am lucky. I realize this. 
So, on the eve of my 39th birthday, I'm reflecting on my past year..

1.  6 days from my birthday, I had my sugery.  I remember going out for my birthday dinner last year with Joy and Michelle and having a glass of wine (b/c I had googled "can I have a glass of wine during my pre-op" and found Southern Jen's blog!!!) and a piece of meat.. I think that's all I had.  I was worried I'd never be able to eat the same things I loved.  Fast forward to this year, for my birthday lunch with Michelle and Joy on Wednesday, we went to Chipotle.  I had about 1/2 of a burrito bowl and a cupcake.  The only thing different was that last year before my pre-op, I would have eaten the entire bowl, some chips and guacamole and maybe 2 cupcakes.. 

2.  This year I found out who I could count on and they were people that I didnt' expect it from. Many of my  friendships have gotten stronger and I've met some kickass people "on the internet".

3.  My relationship with my husband has had it's ups and downs (mostly due to my BIL's involvement in our lives this summer) but it's made me realize how much I truly and deeply love that man. He's a total pain in the ass at times (as am I!) but together, we work.

4.  Work has been challenging but has always remained the best place I've ever worked. I love the people I work with and some have become some of my closest friends.

5. I've put myself back on the list. I do things for me now, not just for everyone else.  I still am sensitive to other's needs but everyonce in a while, I say NO.

Now, if I could only get rid of the gray hairs and the pimps that have appeared on my chinny chin chin the last couple of days, life would be pretty much near perfect. 

Stay tuned to my 1 year bandiversary blog next week!!WooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hope you all have a great weekend!
xo,js


7 comments:

  1. I'll be looking for that 1 year post! Looking great and 39 aint nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got the best smile! I bet you light up a room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture! You do look great and HAVE aged well! I'm looking forward to meeting you when Vickie comes to Phoenix, if you can make it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday cupcake. Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you've had some great life lessons this past year. Look forward to the Bandiversary post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! You're just about exactly a year junior to me b-day and bandiversary-wise! Hope you enjoy this next year to the fullest! :)

    ReplyDelete