Hey all!! So, it's been a long time since my last post!! I had totally planned on doing a big 1 year Bandiversary blog but life got in the way and time just slipped past me!! So, unfortunately for you, you will get lots of babblings and bullet points.. with some pictures thrown in!!!
- My Birthday was awesome!! It's really my favorite holiday of the year and there is no shortage of me lettting everyone know that it's my special day. I mean, it's borderline obnoxious!!! My girlfriends took me to the State Fair to see Bret Michaels. I love Bret Michaels, not in a "Oh I think he's hot (because I don't!)" kind of love, but I genuinely love him as a person. I know he has the whole "Rock of Love" personality scuzziness, but other than that, I think he's a good guy, total survivor, and bad - ass rocker. Plus he lives here in Scottsdale too. Anyways, here are some pics of the night.. super fun!
- My 1 year Bandiversary was on October 29th. I am officially 79 lbs down. I wish it were more but I'm totatlly happy with my progress and I've always known I was a slow loser!! I don't diet, I enjoy life, I still drink (sometimes a little too much beer!) and I know that if I were more disciplined, I'd have lost more but I'm good! I don't make excuses, I don't blame my lack of weight loss on anything other than the fact that sometimes I indulge and don't exercise as much as I should be. I know that the lapband is not a miracle cure for my obesity, it's a tool and if I dont' use it correctly, it won't work. Barbara said it best the other day in her blog - stop making excuses and suck it up buttercup!!! Loved it!
- This past weekend, we headed to Chicago for our friends' Margo and Steve's wedding. It was spectacular!! I don't know if I've ever seen two people more in love on their wedding day and a more beautiful bride! There was so much laughter, dancing and love that I'm full on it all still. I love my friends. (Deb - I'm sorry we never connected. I'm hoping to be in chicago again soon!)
- Our move is next weekend.. and we are in serious packing mode!! This weekend we are having a garage sale to hopefully get rid of lots of stuff! I'm so sorry to the girls I have promised Sisterhood clothes too.. I've been so busy that I've been seriously slacking on getting those packages out. I hope to do it this weekend!!
- I'm meeting Vickie for lunch tomorrow! I'm super excited as I haven't seen her since July!
Ok, that's all I have for now. I wish I would have more to say on my 1 year but I don't!! Life is just chugging along..
hope you are all well! xo,js

Love all the pics...thanks for sharing! I ALSO LOVE BRETT MICHAELS! What a special treat!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the bandiversary!
Wow.. you are totally a success story in my book. and happy birthday and bandiversary.. Loved the pics too.. glad things are going well and good luck with the move
ReplyDeleteYou look great and YES you are a TOTAL success! Congratulations on losing an entire person! Almost as much as my 9 year old weighs! WOW!
ReplyDeleteLoved all the pictures! You look Great, congrats on all your success this first year! I am a total birthday whore, glad I am not the only one ;)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! 79 pounds is fabulous, girl. You look sooooo good.
ReplyDeleteI thought the Bret Michaels part was going to be all about how he had an affair with Tish Cyrus and that's why she and Billy Ray are getting divorced! Did you see that story?!
I totally agree with your method and outlook on losing. I don't know if we hit on this much at lunch, but I look at it the same way. I'm not a super fast loser but I think I just truck along, making mostly right choices, and i do fail and I do indulge and I don't guilt or hate myself over those things. WE WILL GET TO GOAL!!! Woooooooo! Eventually!!! And I think that's so cute how you said on here you really love Bret Michaels, not b/c he's hot and at lunch I said "he's hott", lol!!! I don't know anything about him as a person, nor did I realize he lived in Scottsdale! All the time??? All the year??? Omg! We should stalk his house! lol! *hugs*
ReplyDelete