Sunday, June 13, 2010

Working Out: TONS; Weight Loss: NONE

What the heck?? I've been a workout MACHINE for the past week and I got nothing to show for it!!!
Here is what I've done:

Saturday, 6/5:  Workout with Kathi: 1 hour
                       Cardio:  45 minutes
Sunday, 6/6:    Cardio:  45 minutes
Monday, 6/7:  Workout with Kathi:  1 hour
Tuesday, 6/8:  Cardio:  45 minutes
Wednesday, 6/9:  ZUMBA!!!:  1 hour
Thursday, 6/10:  Workout with Kathi: 1 hour
                          Cardio:  30 minutes
Friday, 6/11:    Workout with Kathi:  1 hour
Saturday, 6/12:  Hike Pinnacle Peak; 4 miles: 2 hours
Sunday, 6/13:  ZUMBA!: 1 hour.

I'm exhausted just typing all of this..  NO Weight loss though all week!! haven't even been eating much (could be the problem??)
Maybe next week, I'll have some freakish drop of 10 lbs with my body catching up!! One can dream right?? Oh well, maybe I'll make up for it in inches lost!!

Ok, so tried Zumba this week and it was sooo fun!!! We went to one on Wednesday night that was mainly hip-hopish and it had fantastic 90s boy band music!!! going back this morning as well despite the fact that my ass feels like it's got knots in it all over!! 

Michelle and I hiked up and down and back up Pinnacle Peak yesterday.  A couple of years ago, I tried to hike it and made it up what I know now is only about 1/4 of the way(at the time I was foolishly believing it was about 3/4 of the way) and had to stop. Yesterday, we went the entire way.. it was a lot harder than I could have imagined, but it was still doable and I didn't die(I count that as a win-win!!) It's very up and down and up and back down again...  it was a beautiful day (a very rare cool morning in AZ) so we had the breeze and the cool air working for us.  Michelle was so kind to stop when I needed to stop, despite the fact she was barely winded.  I think it we did that a couple times a week, we'd for sure have the J-Lo booties we are desiring!!! 

Here's one of the pics I took... this was about middle of the mountain.. the views and the homes are AH-Mazing... 

Off to Zumba - hope you all are having a great weekend!!
xo,js

7 comments:

  1. Your workout routine is very impressive! Sometimes our bodies keep the water for our muscles when you exercise that much. Give it time and I think you will see a great drop in you weight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this isn't what you wanna hear, but I'm so glad you posted this post about working out like a fiend and not losing weight because when I see other's say it, it makes me realize this is do-able. The first thing I want to say is DON'T GIVE UP! You will have a good drop this week! Then, as I was thinking of all the things i would say to you, it occurred to me that we're in the same boat, so if I would say those things to you, I should say them to me too. :)

    YOU CAN DO THIS JEN. Next week, let's kill it extra hard. :)

    xoxo

    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you are BUILDING MUSCLE! Bet your clothes are looser, amiright?

    That's a rockin' workout week. You're inspiring me. Keep at it, the scale will have to give in at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure that weight will fall off you...and yes perhaps you are not eating enough!!! Beautiful view

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your workout puts me in shame mode! You are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely inspiring...that's what your workout routine is.
    I'm with the others...it's all going to show up on the scale next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you're working out great!!! You will for sure see the loss from that at some point. Maybe if you are eating too little, try to do a protein replacement before and/or after a workout. The protein helps your muscle recover quicker and it's also good for your metabolism and losing weight.

    Where is Pinnacle Peak? That pic looks just farmiliar. It looks just like one I took on North Mountain!!! ARe they close to one another?

    ReplyDelete