Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Where troubles melt like lemon drops...

Anyone watch Glee last night?  Love that show!! I can't get "Over the Rainbow" out of my head now....  what a perfect song for what's been going on with me lately.

First - thanks for all the support/comments/advice on my last post (which I have since removed...like I said I would) I opened up to two of my friends yesterday at work and they really pushed me to speak my mind as well.  I'm happy to say that I finally grew some balls last night (after a kickass 45 minutes on the treadmill where I walked and ran (Ran!!) and collected my heavy thoughts) and I went home and manned up to the BIL. He received my words a lot better than I thought he would (or perhaps I wasn't as stern as I wanted to be??)  and I think things will be moving in the right direction very soon. After that conversation, I also spoke to Tim and let him know that I need him to man up as well and have my back. Another conversation that went really well.  I'm proud of myself. I don't think things are going to be better overnight but at least they both know exactly where I stand on the issues and they know things won't be tolerated. 

Today is a major day.. why?? 

1.  I'm wearing a dress. To Work.  I can't remember the last time I wore a dress to work. I feel naked and all sorts of self-conscious about my knobby/chubby knees, but I gotta tell you, you'd think I was wearing a wedding dress, all the compliments I've been getting.  I thought I'd let you share in my dress glory and took a picture of myself this morning for your viewing pleasure!


Old Navy - $24.99.. what a deal!!! Got a couple of cute ones for my upcoming Mexico trip.  I figured it's getting so freaking hot here and I can't keep wearing my jeans and jean capris, I need some air flowing...  and I'm not prepared to wear shorts.  So f it, bought some dresses and am gonna wear them!!

2.  I'm going to ZUMBA today!!! I'm skeeerrrreeed...  If I can move tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes

Not sure if I mentioned it or not but I am going to Mexico in 2 weeks!!!! We are going for my girlfriend Tracy (TMac)'s 40th!!! I can't wait. Just 9 of us girls!! Get to spend some quality time with my besties.. it'll be heaven!!!

The scale is stalled again at around 65 down.. I really wanted to be 75 down by Mexico but barring a tape-worm, that's not going to happen.  I have been really stuck a lot lately and I'm thinking it's b/c my allergies have been so bad that my mucus is just clogging up my band. Charming right??  I skipped my last fill b/c I do think I have pretty good restriction. I'm most likely not going to get a fill before Mexico and am wondering if any of you have ever had an unfill before a big trip?? I'd hate for something to happen while in Mexico.  Let me know your thoughts!

xoxo,js

16 comments:

  1. Great dress! you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress! You look great in it. And love the shoes too! Glad to hear things went well last night. Just stand your ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress! You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great!! I'm glad the talks went well. I hope the situation improves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing!! I've decided that dresses are my thing this summer. I can imagine they are much more refreshing in the AZ heat! Hang in there friend. Hope things improve rapidly with the BIL.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that dress!!! I have been reading your blog for awhile now, just don't always comment....sorry :) You are looking beautiful!!! Love your personality!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress too!!

    And good for you to give it to them both.. I was ready to after reading yesterday's post..

    But let's get back to how good you look and feel (that's the important stuff)... I think I gotta trot my behind down to Old Navy and take a look myself..

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is soooo cute...but the shoes, oh the SHOES are gorg!

    PS. Zumba is sooooo much fun!! I'm sure you'll have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look awesome! I am so glad you bought some dresses! They are my absolute favorite things to wear - I think they are super flattering. I won't wear shorts, so for me dresses are the next best thing in the heat!

    I am so proud of you for confronting both of them, that is great! You are so brave, hang in there!

    When I went on my cruise I stayed with the same restriction. I knew that I could get most things down and that I shouldn't have a problem... <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're adorable in your little black dress.
    Also, so proud of you showing your backbone...good luck on the home front.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In addition to looking sizzling hot, you have quite the way with accessories. Necklace and shoes are PERFECT with the dress. Awesome getup, girl.

    Good on ya for giving it back to the boys. They were probably relieved someone's bossing them around.

    Your trip sounds awesome. You look amazing. Enjoy every minute of it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you are gorgeous...love the outfit. Glad that you could speak to both BIL and DH and let's hope that it helps

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so cute!!! I love, love dresses in the summer and that one is adorable on you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it - wish we had an Old Navy close by. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great dress! You don't have chubby knees at all!!!! You look good! And congrats on "growin' a set" and having those conversations! i hope it continues to move in the right direction.

    I hadn't heard about the trip but way to go! Omg, 9 women, no men, two weeks sounds like F'ING HEAVEN!!!! Chillax on the beach some for me! I'm excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what did folks say about the "unfill?"

    ReplyDelete