I'm officially at my lowest low I've ever been on during this weight loss journey and I got on the scale yesterday and let out a big squeal! Tim thought it was because he walked into the bathroom and I didn't want him to see the scale (which would normally be true) but it was b/c I hadn't ever seen the number on it! (truth be told, it's been a few times these past 2 weeks that I've let out that little squeal of excitement!) I was thinking what was different this time other than the 50,200 other times that I've hopped back on the bandwagon and why I'm moving finally firmly into the right direction. I think it's a lot of HARD FUCKING work and a lot of support. If you don't have the support system around you or the cheerleaders with you, it's hard to get and stay motivated. So, in honor of 10 Things Thursday, here is my Village:
1. My husband - yes, it's annoying that he's losing weight all the time and he goes running EVERY.SINGLE.DAY of the week and people are always remarking how good he looks, but that man tells me almost every day how nice, pretty, thinner, etc I look.
2. Tracy - our Pilates instructor. I literally quit an entire full-service gym to just commit myself to going to her classes. She's that awesome. She's not your typical Pilates instructor - picture late 40s soccer mom from the Midwest who's more of a drill sergeant than a quiet peaceful yoga/pilates instructor. She will make sure that we don't walk the next day and that when we laugh, we remember he classes b/c our abs are so sore.
3. Kathi - my trainer. I've known Kathi on and off for the past 7 years. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do when I move and can't see her at least 1x a week. She's now just my friend, not my trainer. I look forward to getting my ass kicked by her. She gives the best feedback, gets irritated when you aren't trying hard enough and encourages when she knows you need it.
4. Michelle - I'm 100% an "I can do this all by myself girl" BUT, it's so nice to have a workout partner like Michelle. We generally do Pilates and workout with Kathi together each week. To look at the two of us, you'd never believe we were on the same level with our fitness (or at least I think we are..) she maybe weighs 80lbs soaking wet and I tell her all the time that if I looked like her, I'd be walking around in daisy dukes and a crop top, but listening to her about her own insecurities just makes me realize that no matter your size, health, etc... everyone has something they want to work on. I hate when we don't work out together b/c we also like to chit chat (sometimes that pisses Kathi off though!) and it's nice to just have someone to be accountable to every once in a while.
5. MacT - if it weren't for him, I'd probably have hit my goal weight by now, but Thank God for him. He's well into his terrible twos and we just run to keep up with him. He alone is a reason for getting in the best shape ever.
6. My other friends - last night I hosted Wine Down Wednesday for the first time in over a month and I hadn't seen a lot of them in over a month - it was so fun to hear them tell me how good I looked. That little bit of a boost makes me excited to keep on going.
7. My college roommate Karen - who got me started on Advocare at the end of July. I did the 24 day Challenge and lost about 10lbs and am still keeping at it. I love the way I feel on their products and I think in conjunction with my band, I feel like I'm finally going to get to goal.
8. My blog buddies - even though I don't write a lot anymore, I DO READ still. I'm still so motivated by everyone and their successes. I love seeing how people are doing, what they are doing and I miss it when bloggers (like me sometimes) fall off the face of the earth.
I'm sure there are more villagers but I can't think of them right now! So, who is in your village?
I promise to post more (not even sure anyone is really still reading) but will always be reading..
onward..
xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How far to goal? Good work on all of this!! I have just found my mojo again and I just know that I am going to get to goal!
ReplyDeleteBooooyah! It does take a village ~ there is no way I could do this on my own!
ReplyDeletePlease keep writing...we are still here!!
ReplyDeleteSo great to hear~!
ReplyDeleteYay! :)
ReplyDeleteI read too - but really need to blog - haven't since Memorial Day (sigh)... not sure why. And I HOPE (really, I hope!) that we can meet up officially sometime even after you move. I'm bummed b/c I have a conference in Phoenix this spring (damn!) but I know we'll meet sometime officially... and I hear you on MacT - Liam is WILD! These twos are crazy - but i love him so... I hit 200.0 (really - I couldn't get on tenth of a pound?!?!?) earlier this week... but I can't seem to get below that magic number. However, he's worth it! Keep up the amazing work... hopefully we'll get to connect sometime soon!
ReplyDelete~ xoxoxo Sarah...
you are amazing!
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesomesauce!!!! Way to go girl!!! I love following your progress on FB and that little guy is the cutest thang ever!
ReplyDeleteGood motivators! I love it!