Hi all! Remember me?? Let me re-introduce myself.... I'm Jen, I live in Arizona, I'm married to Timmy and have a cute little man, Mac, who BTW, is now 2!! Can you believe it? More on that later! Thought I'd do a little 10 Things Thursday to catch ya'll up on what's been going on in the last couple of months since I posted! (warning: LONG post ahead!)
1. What's with my title? Well, as you all know, I have been struggling for over a year to get off this plateau I've been on. I work out a lot, but my food just wasn't cutting it for me and I had been regularly seeing my doc to get my fill level right. Well, I'm happy to say that I Think I'm finally heading in the right direction. I've been doing well on my workouts (6-7 times a week, combo of Pilates, Strength Training, Zumba, Barre Class and Cardio) and a college friend of mine reached out to me on FB and recommended I try the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. I figured why not? So I'm on day 11 (days 1-10 are a really gentle, non just juicing cleanse) and I'm down lower than my lowest in 2 years, finally!! My fill level is great. I'm barely hungry most days and I'm making really really good choices thanks to my challenge I'm on. I haven't had sugar in 2 weeks, or caffeine or any carbs for that matter. I haven't wanted to kill anyone either, which is surprisingly shocking to me!! I'm excited to see where I end up after the Challenge is over! It's completely rebooted everything in me, and I feel awesome!!
2. Mac is 2! We had a super fun birthday party for him in July at a gymnastics and trampoline place. I tried not to go overboard since it wasn't at my house, but of course, I went a little crazy with his "Planes Trains and Automobiles" theme!! I just can't help myself! Everyone had a blast! (even the adults who got to jump on the trampolines and jump into the foam pit!)
3. We had a great time in Northern Michigan over the 4th of July!
4. Remember how I mentioned I was moving to Chicago in October? Yeah, well, that changed slightly. There was a lot of talk of impending layoffs with my company so I figured I'd wait to hear when I'd be laid off instead of just quitting.. and on Monday, I found out my end date is 12/31, which was completely shocking to me. I was prepared for any date but that one! So, we quickly changed some plans and are now staying until December, so I can collect my severance $$ and we can head to Chicago with some more money in the bank and I don't have to stress about finding work right away. Good things come to those who wait right?
5. I've been having a lot of fun with my buddies lately. Have been spending quality time with my girls since I'll be moving away from them soon.. went to Kid Rock a couple of weeks ago -- such a good show!!
6. Have not seen any of my AZ Blog girls in what seems like FOREVER! Need to change that ASAP! Now that I have some extra time here, hoping we can make some events happen!
7.Can't believe I can't think of anything else to write!
I really hope to be blogging more soon since I miss ya'll! I have been reading still a lot but just haven't had my blo-jo together so I'm hoping it comes back soon.
xoxo,js


Glad your doing well. Hope our weather here was satisfactory :) Happy belated birthday Mac!!!
ReplyDeleteYay! Glad to see this post from you and to hear how well you're doing. Keep us posted and happy birthday Mac!!!
ReplyDeleteAll awesome things. So glad to hear it!
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDeleteGood to see you!!! I am refocusing myself too-- but really waiting until I hit Wednesday of this week for my fill... that should set things straight.
ReplyDeleteYou and Mac are adorbs!!
Awesome news :)
ReplyDeleteglad to hear you are hear till December...we NEED to get together and extra money is always a BONUS!
ReplyDelete