Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Goodness...

Holy Crap, I need to breathe.
I've neglected my blog something horrible. I've equally neglected my band and my health. Something needs to change quickly.

To say lots has been going on would be an extreme understatement.

To Recap:

My dad's kidney transplant was last Friday. All went amazingly well!  He's out of the hospital as of yesterday and is feeling pretty good!!  Words don't describe this whole experience and the gratitude we all felt for the support and prayers that we received all weekend long. And his donor, Emily, no words. She truly has a special place in heaven, that girl...  

I had hoped to get together with some of my MI Blog friends but there just wasn't the time to do so, so I apologize.

I got home late on Sunday and had to mentally prepare myself for what was to come this week at work. As I had mentioned, my company was purchased by another Pharma company these last few months.  Friday was the shareholders meeting to ok the purchase and yesterday was the close date. I have to say, I've been through layoffs before, I've been through losing a business and realizing you have nothing to show for it, but yesterday was the absolute worst day of my professional career.  Yesterday, 80%, yes, take it in, 80% of my company was told that their last day was this Friday, less than two weeks before Christmas. This new company is NO JOKE. Those of us that survived have jobs, but we are not considered lucky.  We had over 500 people at our HQ building and around 440 got their walking papers yesterday.  Who knows what's going to happen to the sales force as they find out early in 2013..   If I were still working for the company I was working for last week, my new job would be considered a really big promotion. But since I'm at the newco, I'm going to be working for an additional exec, making considerably less money and working double what I am used to. I'm not really that lucky, except for the fact that I have a job.  People are not taking it well and it's very uncomfortable to be here right now. I keep saying, "just make it to Monday, just make it to Monday". I totally understand that people are pissed but some of the reactions are completely unbelievable and I guess you really see people's true colors when things like this happen.

So, tomorrow is my cookie party and I'm so looking forward to it.  I'm excited to laugh and have a few drinks. AND, I'm meeting up with some AZ bloggers on Sunday so that should be fun.

I'm sorry for the downer post. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a few minutes to post some pics of the past couple of weeks and some happier thoughts!!

I'm hoping to catch up on all the blogs I've neglected as well and start writing down my goals for the upcoming year which include getting myself back on the band wagon!!!

xo,js

10 comments:

  1. Holy crap! Wow. I'll keep you and all those who lost jobs in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grateful about your dad and TOTALLY understandable that there wasn't time ;) Get thru to Monday girly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dad's story is so amazing! I know first hand how horrible that much change at work can be. Hang in there...you are thinking the right way, one day at a time. Maybe band work would be good for you right now...take your mind off the work situation and help you feel good???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh jen...big hugs girl....I just want to swoop in and make it all skittles and rainbows..I am so sorry and I can only imagine what you are going thru. I am looking forward to seeing you tonight and this Sunday..take care sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see all the posts and pictures about your daddy on FB, what a blessing! Emily seems like an amazing lady. :)

    As for the job stuff... boy, it sounds like you're getting a bad deal. But I'm glad you're not completely without options, babe.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to hear about your dad. It is my goal to become a living kidney donor sometime within the next three years. I did the research and I know it's something that I hope to do...I'll definitely keep him in my prayers.

    As for the job situation, I can SO sympathize, as Jason went through the whole ordeal a couple of months ago. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason though and hopefully something better than your current, new position will come along. I'll keep you and your coworkers in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terrible thing to go through so close to Christmas! Lay offs suck no matter how you dice it and like you said, just because you were left standing doesn't mean you were lucky. Hang in there sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry. That really stinks!!

    My husbands company is also doing massive layoffs - but he can't get the remaining people on his team to focus because they keep thinking they are next!! I just don't know why this happens right before the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there my friend... being in HR, I've been thru it before on both sides and totally understand what you're feeling! Take care of yourself and your family - that is the most important... xoxoxox ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, that is so hard. I really am keeping my fingers crossed for you. I'm sure this is a really frustrating time.

    ReplyDelete