Monday, May 14, 2012

Starting today...

For those who have read my blog for awhile now, you know that I've never shared my weight and I normally don't set too many goals. As a matter of fact, this lapband blog of mine could not be further from an actual weight loss/ lapband blog!!  However, starting today, I am setting a goal. Time to get my shit together and get to where I started out at!

I've finally added a ticker for the first time ever (I've been blogging since 2009!) and as you can see, I have 70 lbs left to go in my weight loss efforts.  No, I'm still not going to share my weight!!  I don't think it really matters what I weigh, it's how much I lose and how I'm doing that matters. Plus, it's really nobody's business!  I would be happy if I lost 50 more lbs making for a total of 130 but my main goal is 70 more, so I would be down 150 from when I started.  My restriction right now is really good, I'm losing weight pretty steadily these days. I'm finally down to pre-preggo weight! And I'm feeling motivated.  I'm even going to set mini-goals (getting really crazy here!)

Lose 10 - July 12th (trip to Michigan)
Lose 20 - Sept 12th (Cabo Trip)
Lose 35 - Christmas

So, I'm basically giving myself another year to lose 70. Would I love to do it sooner than that? Sure thing!  But I want to be realistic too.. I'm going on my 3rd year with the band so I know that losing is going to be slow, slow, slow.

So, that's my plan. Wish me luck!!


Here's a cute little pic of me and my little man from yesterday, my first Mother's Day.. it was fabulous!!!


6 comments:

  1. Jen he is so adorable and you look great! You have accomplished a lot and got a great little bundle there as well! I am still carrying my first babies weight and she is 32 LOL. So do not be too hard on yourself!

    Cannot wait to meet you in September!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting to pre-preggo weight and for your first Mother's Day!

    If you happen to be coming to southeastern Michigan in July, definitely drop me a line -- there are a few of us very close in proximity and we're always up for a meet-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're both adorable! Very excited seeing your goals on here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen! Glad to meet you, hope we can motivate each other when needed. I'm in Michigan! Welcome to my blog too...

    ReplyDelete