Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gobble Gobble..

wow, when I go on a blog writing break, I really overdo it!! It's been a couple of weeks since my last post and there's no particular reason for the lapse in posting, life just gets in the way.

So, tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I gotta be honest, I'm just not feeling it this year. Could be a myriad of reasons:
  • I'm sick as a dog (not really but I like to exaggerate a bit) but really, am not feeling well and have no motivation to cook/eat anything
  • I have to spend it with my asshole brother in law.. because that's just the right thing to do....but he pretty much ruins any holiday or any occasion I get to spend with him
  • I miss my family. I want my brother and niece and nephew to meet Mac. I want him to see Nana and Chief.  We're not spending Christmas together either and that just makes me sad.  I hate that it costs the same as a flight to Japan just to go to Michigan these days.. ridic. I miss my cousin Karen. Holidays always meant spending time with her.. 
  • Thanksgiving is about family and since it's just me, Timmy and Mac, it just doesn't feel like it should..
  • My band is so tight lately. could be the mucous built up in my throat and draining or it could just be that I need an unfill..  so mashed potatoes will be my BFF tomorrow.
Despite my pathetic Thanksgiving avoidance above, I am still thankful for lots of things, including:
  • My sweet husband who took care of me and Mac last night when I was lying in bed, pathetic from the sickness (and takes care of me daily!)
  • My sweet little Miracle Mac, who, despite our faults, loves us completely unconditionally and has changed out lives in unmeasurable ways.
  • My friends.. both here and all over the country, but especially the ones who live here in AZ who provided me with such support, guidance and love over the last year..and as always, my sisters in Chicago!
  • My lapband - it single handedly gave me back myself, helped me have a baby and brought me to the people here in blogland.. Antonio is my hero!!
I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving and eat as much as your lapband will allow!! :)

xoxo,js

5 comments:

  1. Have a great thanksgiving... I hear you on the in-laws. Thankfully my DH, decided to cancel with them this year since they are being so obnoxious! Enjoy every minute with Mac... and feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh - I hear you on the family - honestly - I get it. Hang in there anyway. Pie always makes it better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get to deal with the bitchy sis in law on Sunday so I feel ya on that one. I also feel ya on the sick thing! There must be something making its way through AZ because I've got this crazy throat/chest thing going on. I've been fighting it for days but it's really starting to wear on me. I hope you had a nice holiday and feel better soon. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better. Just think you have Christmas to look forward to with inlaws, Heehe. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete