Thursday, October 20, 2011

The big one..

Hey all! It's my birthday week!!  The big 4-0 is coming up this weekend and for the first time in years, I haven't been all consumed with my birthday!!!  I know it's a little selfish, but hey, when is ever just about you?? Really, only on your birthday!  This year is a little different thanks to the little man that has taken up the big hole that I didnt' even know I had in my life!! 

I can't even begin to put into words what joy Mac has brought me these last 3 months..  I guess the perfect example is last night, I went out to Happy Hour with my girls from work and while I love to go out and do fun stuff, all I kept thinking was I couldn't wait to get home to Mac and smother him with kisses and snuggles!!  I was bummed when I got home and Tim had not only already bathed him, but fed him and put him down for the night..  I mean, how can you not just melt when you see this little face: (he wasn't feeling well on this date, which explains the bags under his little eyes!) 








So, enough about the baby. I need to commit to talking about weight loss b/c that's what this blog was originally about, right?  I'm happy to say I'm finally losing again! I have been to my dr twice in the last month and gotten a total of 3 cc's put back in my band, which brings me up to 8 cc in a 14 cc band.  I'm finally feeling restriction and have lost about 5 lbs since last Tuesday. Woot Woot!!! My pre-preggo clothes still do not all fit, but I'm getting there.  I still have about 20 to go before I'm back at my lowest and then I want to lose another 50 to get to what I feel will be my ideal weight.  I'm motivated now that I know my band is working (it was always working, I just wasn't working it well!)  If only I could cut out the crap from my diet now!!!  I'm eating so much less but I'm still not making 100% of the right choices. I did have to go cold turkey on the Diet Coke this week. I picked it up after I had Mac and was having WAY too much and not enough water. Two days in and I'm not dying or shaking yet..  I've done it before and will do it again. My workouts are getting more frequent and I'm hoping to add more each week. I'm still training for the 1/2 we are walking in November so last weekend we did 12 miles..  it was ridiculous.. I hate walking but I did it b/c now I just feel guilty that my friends signed up for this thing and if I didn't show up to train, I'd somehow be letting them down..  but I keep showing up, hating every minute of it!! :)

I'm back to work and it's fine.  It truly is like I never left!  The one good thing is now I'm forced to leave at 5 to pick up Mac from daycare.  Speaking of daycare, it's going wonderful!! If he could talk, I think he'd say he loves it!! His daycare provider just loves him and he lights up whenever he sees her!! She takes such good care of him while he's there, which makes it easier to not miss him so much while I'm at work! Last week, she was off for two days so Michelle graciously offered to watch him... she took these gorgeous pictures of him.. 

She has a gift for capturing the most beautiful shots!!!  She should really make a career out of taking pics!!!

As I mentioned earlier, this weekend is my 40th. My girlfriend Melissa is coming in from Detroit tonight and Timmy is throwing me a little party at a local bar/restaurant so it should be super fun!!! I'm so not stressed about turning 40 b/c I feel good about myself, my family and where I'm at in my life...  there's not much better than that!!!

Hope you are all well!! 

***OH!!! And I won the BOOBs swag bag today!!! I'm so freaking excited b/c I NEVER win anything!!! *** I'm sooooo going to BOOBs next year!! Thanks girls!!

8 comments:

  1. Your little guy is so cute. Easy to see why your mind wanders to him when you're out having fun.

    Congrats on winning the bag; its so full of awesome goodies. You will LOVE it.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mission accomplished on making me blush! Can't wait to celebrate your 40th with ya...starting with dinner and wine in an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, when I saw your picture first I thought how cute/pretty. But then I saw your little "man" and he overrided you! lol JK

    He is adorable.

    Good news on getting a fill and starting to lose that weight.

    And I just want to throw this out there about not doing the 100%...some times we put really high expectations/demands on ourselves. I think it's perfectly fine to improve and slowly change lasting results than being 100%. :)

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so very happy things are going well with you. :)

    Mac is so adorable, what a handsome little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures of your Mac are so adorable I can hardly stand it!

    I am glad to hear that getting back to work has been a smooth transition for you and Mac is doing well with day care!

    Most important! Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy the evening and I will even raise a glass to you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY Jen! I'm going to BOOBS too I think, so we can commiserate about missing our babies! And happy birthday - what a great gift...

    ReplyDelete