- My wrist still hurts like a mo-fo... I haven't been to the specialist yet b/c I think he's just going to tell me the same thing as the other doctor said - sprained wrist, enflamed tendons - so what's the point?? I admit I have not been good at wearing the brace all the time as I should, but it's a pain in the ass to write and type with it and I have to write and type pretty much all day long!
- My 1/2 marathon training is in full swing. Every week I walk one mile more and every week I say there is NO way I can walk 13.whatever miles... I'm up to 11 miles this week.. and I will still bitch about it! everyone keeps saying once I do one, I'll get hooked, but I'm pretty certain that my 1/2 on November 7th will be my first and last!! I would love to run some, but I'm still not there yet!
- I got to spend Sunday afternoon and into the night at the hospital with Michelle this past week. She has been having lots of stomach issues this past year and everytime she goes to see someone, they say it's acid reflux, all the while, she was convinced it was her gallbladder. A few weeks ago, she had an endoscopy done and everything came back normal. Fast forward to this Sunday. Our friend Joy calls me and asks me if I had heard from Michelle b/c she had just talked to her and she was in a lot of pain. M's husband B had just left to go out of town on a business trip. So, I called Michelle, could tell she had been crying, and I drove over to her house. It took me about 45 minutes to convince her we needed to go to the ER. So, we packed up little KD, dropped her off at a friend's house and went to the ER, and after about 6-7 hours, blood work, ultrasound, etc.. they admitted her b/c she had a "rogue" stone that was blocking her ducts leading from her liver to her pancreas.. and tons of gallstones in her gallbladder.. I stayed the night at the hospital with her and on Monday morning, Brandon was able to get home and Kennedy was babysat and Michelle was on her way to surgery to get her issue taken care of. On Tuesday, they took out her gallbladder. They were concerned about damage to her liver so they opted to do two different surgeries on two different days and keep her for 3 nights for observation. Thankfully, she is out of the hospital and back home resting. Her belly looks a lot like mine did almost a year ago after my LB surgery!! Of course the girl weighs like 95 lbs so it's a little smaller than mine, but the incisions are almost the same!! If only they would have listened to her last year, things would have not gotten to this point. So, moral of the story, if you firmly believe that something other than what the doctor is telling you is wrong, speak up and keep speaking up until someone listens to you!! She even wanted to leave the ER on Sunday before anyone saw us b/c she just knew that they were going to tell her it wasn't her gallbladder. But, luckily, Dr. McHotty (he was hot and I was hooked on every word he said!! ) ran a boatload of tests and got to the root of the problem. It could have been a LOT worse had it not been taken care of.
- I'm heading to Chicago at the end of the month for my friend's wedding and need to get a dress.. I'm still hovering in the plus size section of most stores. Any advice on where I should look (websites?) I'm most likely going to hit up Nordstrom & Macy's this weekend but any good sites I should check out?
xo,js

www.avenue.com has some inexpensive dresses. Glad to hear that at least you got a hot doctor when you took your friend in. Maybe helped a little bit. Hope you reach 80 down by your bandiversary.
ReplyDeleteYou are rockin' your training! I hope your wrist feels better soon and I am glad they figured out what was wrong with Michelle, doctors can be so frustrating. I am sending good vibes for 80 lbs down! I am shooting for 70 by my bandiversary, 10.20.10<3
ReplyDeleteWhen I was having gallbladder issues (pre lapband) they told me the same thing...acid reflux. I was at the ER and luckily I was mid Dr. Shift switch and the 2nd doctor said I needed to get an ultrasound down to look for stones. He was right. Even though I told the first guy that I NEVER had heartburn...ever. Dr.'s can be such jerks sometimes. That pain is NOT FUN. I am glad you took her to the ER!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your 80lb goal! You aren't far from it! You can do it! :)
Sorry about your friend, that's terrible. Good for you for getting her to the ER.
ReplyDeleteI found a great dress at Bloomingdale's - it's Lauren Ralph Lauren (his low-end stuff), comfortable jersey material, aubergine color. Do you have Lord & Taylor near you? They tend to have the best dress selection of any of the department stores, and better size options.
Good luck shopping!
what a good friend you are!!
ReplyDeleteI would try nordstrom sale they always have great dresses
OMG - you saved her life!! She is so lucky you convinced her to go in. I hope she is feeling much better now.
ReplyDeleteDo what Nicole says - she had the most Bangin dress in Chicago. She knows how to pick out a dress.
Glad to hear your friend is doing better!
ReplyDeleteAs for the half marathon. You might surprise yourself. I did mine Sunday and I loved it. Crossing that finish line with my trainer was just... amazing. I will be honest and say I was in a lot of pain and just wanted to sleep for a while, but the next day when I was driving home I almost started crying when I realized that *I* ran a half marathon. ME!
I mean if I can do that I feel like I can accomplish all of the physical things that my mind protests - with the right training of course. Finishing my first 30 minute workouot after was still hard, but not as hard mentally as it was. I kept telling myself that I ran for over 3 hours I could go a few more minutes!
I am one of those that have started to LOVE it, but that is not because of the miles as the experience. I LOVE running with my group (and I am not a social person). I LOVE the thrill of the race (the bigger race the more the thrill). I LOVE the cheering of the crowd as they yell my name (which was printed on my bib). I LOVE the last run past the finish line and the feeling of wonder when I put my medal on. I LOVE telling my "fit" co-workers that I ran 13.1 miles. And most of all I LOVE how strangers who happen to be runners light up at fact that you are a runner too. It is strange but this weird connection is created that really...nice.
As for running vs walking. Well technically I walked half of my half I ran intervals of 45 seconds of running and 45 seconds of walking. I feel the same as I would if I ran it all and I am in a lot less pain than I would have been - and I made it through the training without any injuries. I say however you get across the finish line - as long as it is up right, on your own power, and before the ambulance - well you are a winner. Walk, run, or crawl you will have done more than most people have even TRIED. If you really want to start running the methodology that I use (Galloway's) says to start with just a little running - like 20 seconds of running for 2 minutes of walking. If you like it you can keep upping your running if you don't then you can just walk.
I hope you have a lot of fun and want to continue, but if you don't the sense of accomplishment of doing it just once is HUGE! Then you can move on and find something that makes you write comments that go on and on like me ;)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the repeated comments everyone. This hotel internet connection went haywire!
ReplyDelete