Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday FIVE - and a major NSV!!!

Happy Friday all!!! I'm hoping that you all have some fun plans for this weekend!! Me, notsomuch!  I don't have anything planned and I like it!  Thought I'd do a quick little five bullet point post to fill you in on some things..

1.  thanks to those that responded to my last two posts - the first about the voting for my Aunt and Uncle's project in memory of my cousin - KEEP VOTING!!!! and the 2nd about the clothes. I'll be packing up some stuff this weekend and hopefully shipping out quite a few boxes to many of you!

2.  Have I mentioned that we are moving in about 3-4 weeks? If not, we are! I'm super excited about it so I think we'll probably start packing this weekend. We are ready for a change and our new house is fantastic!!!  Lots of space for visitors!

3.  Had a little pity party this week which is pretty unlike me.  I was feeling sad about some friendships I have here and putting more effort than I get out of them and consistently feeling as if I'm the back-up friend and I hate that feeling.  I'm pretty much over it, but it still sucks when you feel that way.

4. MY NSV - I got a dress for the wedding I'm going to in Chicago in a couple of weeks!  It's a funny story. I went to Dillards and found two dresses I liked. One was $89 and the other was $189 so I grabbed both in a size 20..  the one that was $189 was not too cute on so I was keeping my fingers crossed that the other would work. I tried on the 20, it was too big, so I walked out, grabbed the 18, again too big. So, I walked out again and grabbed the 16 thinking there's no way this is going to fit and I'm going to be bummed b/c this will be one of those where you are exactly right between the two sizes and I didn't want to have to deal with getting the 18 altered. Miracle of all Miracles, the 16 fit!!!  AND, it still roomy enough that I might have to get it altered a little in the arm holes.  Here it is:  full shot of the dress, close up of the rosettes all over it and then me.. don't mind the hair please!!  Also, bonus is that I already had a pair of pretty comfy peep-toe sling-back wedges that look cute with it. So, all I need is a little pashmina and some big earrings to go with it (I'm thinking hot pink pashmina!) thoughts?

5.  This weekend is another big Training walk - 12 miles.. Oh lord help me..  if you don't hear from me next week, I'm off to the side of the road somewhere crawling trying to get home.

Have a great weekend!
xo,js

7 comments:

  1. That dress looks adorable on you! It would be perfect with a hot pink pashmina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure go with a bright color pashmina. I think hot pink would be perfect. The dress looks GREAT on you- what a find!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome dress! I will be in Phoenix for about 10 days. I would love to see you. I have your phone number and I will call so hopefully we can have coffee or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great!

    Pink is a go in my book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is lovely and you look amazing in it. Hot pink would be just right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress, you look hot! Can't wait to see you in it in person! Pink fo sho!

    ReplyDelete