Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Aches and Pains, Bumps and Bruises...

Ladies (and the very few gents), I am a HOT MESS....   I am walking around looking like I got run over by a truck and then rear ended by the same truck..  why you ask?

Because Sunday, I tried to be Superwoman..
  • I walked 12 miles for a training walk - Oy..   wasn't so bad until I hit abut mile 11 and then the bitching commenced..  oh, my legs hurt, oh my feet hurt, oh, I'm getting sick of walking.. blah blah blah..  Thankfully that was the last of the long training walks - we go down from here and then the 13.whatever is in 3 weeks and then this girl is checking it off her list and is dunzo.. 
  • I started packing.  I did not lolly gag around.. I bought 6 huge bins from Target and proceeded to pack up all the glass in my kitchen, my entire china cabinet and then purge purge purge.. it's amazing what you can collect in 3+ years..  I made piles for the trash, piles for the garage sale and piles to take with.. I must have kicked said bins at least 3/4 different times and then proceeded to run into many a bin while moving around the dining room, thus the bruises!!
  • I shopped - went to Best Buy for a TV, grocery shopping, target, Old Navy.. you name it, I went there.
Usually on my training walk days, I tend to take it easy after I've been out in the hot AZ sun walking for 3 hours or so, but something in me told me I needed to get moving and get packing. Glad I did, but my body hates me for it today. Yesterday was rough..  does it ever get easier?

7 comments:

  1. You walked 12 miles! You have every right to bitch, and what better place to do it than in blogland? Great work, I'm proud of you. And when you hit mile 13.2 on race day, you will be soooo happy you put in all the work during training.

    Congrats on the new house, and on getting such a big start on packing. I'm the worst procrastinator ever, so you're my hero!

    Also, from last post, LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress. You look hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my new walking inspiration! Would you mind sharing your training schedule? I am doing a half marathon end of February.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that all that walking is going to attack any belly fat you may have! I know you are in pain, but you are doing a great service to yourself. Walk on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12 miles is abso-freakin-lutely fantastic!!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy schnike...12 miles rocks.
    Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superwoman I would say - that was a huge amount of walking.. then the other stuff on top that? I bet you slept well lol.

    ReplyDelete