Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Beginning

So, I'm a blogger... actually have been for a couple of years but have kept it on the DL (Down Low for those not in the know.. ) for awhile. I have blogged on another site called Multiply for a couple of years and have met some fun, crazy and interesting people on there. I've actually met a couple of the people on there in real life and have become good friends with a few.

So, why switch? I wanted a spot where people in my "real life" could go without having to be a 'member' in order to read what's going on in my life.

Why call it "What you lookin at Skinny?" - my SIL Beth and I were sitting in my parent's kitchen about a month ago and we were talking about how I'm not your "average fat (I've changed the word to chubby for this blog only) girl".. and she said, "you should do a blog and talk about your weight loss journey so that we can all hear about it and be with you" and thus this blog was born.. but back to the title.. later on that afternoon, we were telling my brother, Jeff about it and tossing around some names and he said "What you Lookin at Skinny" and thus the title of this blog was born!!!

So, here begins my blogging journey.. I probably won't always talk about weight loss b/c frankly, that's not what defines me and I don't think about it 24/7.. however it is a big part of my life RIGHT NOW... hopefully I won't offend with my posts, but no guarantees!! I tend to talk before I think sometimes and writing is no different!!

Betcha can't wait to see what's next......

Leaving you with my favorite picture of Tim - from last summer up north, wearing my niece Kate's fancy pink swim goggles.. his is hottttttttttttt










No comments:

Post a Comment