I'm TRYING to get back in the groove of blogging and truthfully, my job isn't that exciting or busy, so I have no excuse anymore.
1. Speaking of my job. I really don't think this is the place for me. I think I was spoiled by Medicis and all the friends I made there and how much fun we had while working. I should say the 1st 4 years were fun and the last was pretty tough, but I'd almost take that non-stop busyness over what I'm doing now. The people just aren't that friendly and my boss is a bit of a micro-manager. For someone who thrives on human interaction, this is tough for me. I keep saying I need to give it some time and hope to get to know people better, since it's really only been 3 weeks, but I just don't know. We have a work function on the 14th so I'm hoping that people will loosen up a bit and actually talk to me and I can make some headway in getting to know them a bit more.. if not, then I'm going to start looking again. It wasn't that hard to find this job but that was when I didn't have a job so this might be a little tougher.
2. I only went to Yoga once this week and I'm pissed about it. I went to the gym a couple of times but I really wanted to make sculpt at least 2x this week and I just couldn't swing it. I'm hoping to go twice this weekend which will mean a lot of pain next week!! :) love the pain though!
3. I'm currently obsessed with my fitbit.. a few of my girlfriends have them and it's like a little competition to see who gets more steps. One is training for a half so her steps are out of control. But we taunt and cheer each other on! it's kind of nice to have something make me be accountable.. I am shooting for those 10000 steps every day! I had one of the Fitbits that I would just hook to my bra but updated to the one on my wrist (and you can see my super cute new watch too!! :) )
4. My parents are coming this weekend. I'm excited to see them as we haven't seen them since Christmas. Mac is super excited too b/c we are going to the aquarium! I swear every morning he gives me a list of ALL of the types of marine animals we are going to see! The weather officially blows so we'll be inside most of the days they are here! I mean really, Mother Nature needs to be punched in the face!!
5. Totally random but last night I woke up and it was super quiet in our house which is weird b/c I have a noise maker in our room. And I realized the power had gone out. I immediately started to panic as I knew we were dipping into the negatives last night and I was worried that we would all freeze to death with the power of and I didn't know how long it had been off, etc.. Thank god it went back on while I was still awake panicking b/c I would not have slept all night. It must not have been off for too long b/c it seriously never dipped below 74 in our house!! Worry Wort!! :)
totally boring blog so props to you if you are still reading!! I said I would blog but I didn't say it'd be interesting!!
happy weekend !
xo,js

I hope the people at your job loosen up. I'm dealing with the same thing. The people are not friendly...and I'm ready to throw in the towel. But I'm determined to stay a year...so 10 months to go. LOL
ReplyDeleteI would have a tough time if my co-workers weren't friendly. Or they would. Ha!
ReplyDelete